What have you done to your square lately??

Discussion in 'Garage' started by Old77, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Old77

Old77 Super Moderator

I've seen this thread on several other forums and it's usually a good one and is good for posting up those little things that may not really belong in a build thread but just to make mention of :D

Lately I've driven her a little bit (she loves the heat!). I'm getting ready to do some little things to her pretty soon, though. The comp/temp mirror mod should be accomplished in the next week or so. I've also got a couple of small custom touches in mind but those will remain a secret for now :secret: Should turn out looking nice, though :)

2. foamypirate

foamypirate Full Access Member

I hooked the ashtray spring back up so it stops grinding in between the housing and the tray, and tightened up the glove box hinge so it closes and lines up with the latch correctly.

Small things, but makes it nicer inside.

3. 8T6K5

8T6K5 Full Access Member

Couldnt stand the hole in the dash bezel where the oe radio was hacked out (head unit now in console). Holes all over dash from a shitty ass billet overlay that didnt use factory holes to mount.

Found a guy parting an '88 Burb with a clean bezel and factory upgrade stereo. I know, not exact year, but for $50 and some minor grinding it will look like it is.

Hole in dash needs some metal removed to make room for the larger stereo. Otherwise its a straight swap. My intentions are 1) not have a huge hole in my dash, 2) close to factory asthetics, 3) who wants to steal of shitty radio, thus maybe reducing the likelyhood of a break in.

Just picked it up today, will have pics up in a few days.

Otherwise last thing I did was install (3 screws :rockit: ) the distributor cover on my motor.

4. 89Suburban

89Suburban Full Access Member

Good idea Jacob. :)

Yes, small little things sometimes make a big difference. :grd:

I don't know it you ever saw my redneck air conditioner. A little 12V fan screwed to the bottom of the dash? Screw is like half way out and the fan keeps falling down and blowing on my feet and it's been a hundred degrees out and I keep reaching down and moving it back up every five minutes instead of putting a better screw in it, fuggin lazy ass, lol..... :shitsweak:

5. kleedus

kleedus Full Access Member

i have removed the cab roof lights welded up the holes and have started doing the body work on the cab of my 90 crew cab.

i have alot of dings on the roof and the right cab corner was caved in.

it is going to be glossy black when its painted so the body work has to be right or it will look like shit

it is a rolling chassis and a stripped cab so its kinda nice not having alot of stuff in my way to protect or remove to do the body work.

but i am out of practice so it is taking me way longer to pull the dents and smooth it all out than it use to. i have been working on it for two days and i got the roof light holes welded up and the warping straight again and ready for body filler. and the right cab corner dent pulled and started the body filler on it.

when i worked in body shops i could of done all the work on this cab in a 8 hour day.

this pic is before starting the body work just wanted to show what truck i am working on

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  6. J Knight

J Knight Full Access Member

Nothing done to my 82 lately or for a little longer. Got a lot of odds and ends to tend to on my Pete plus changing registration to TX ($$), business first pleasure second, at least until I win the lottery.:)

7. Irishman999

Irishman999 Full Access Member

I bought a new/ used edelbrock carb last weekend at a tractor pull my boss invited me to. I switched it out with my carter afb and have a ton more power.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

8. 79K10

79K10 Full Access Member

i installed an msd cap and rotor, new plugs and wires, edelbrock intake and carb.
    got it fired up today for the first time in about a year.

9. Guardian

Guardian Full Access Member

Almost finished the new instrument cluster for mine.

10. bobehud

bobehud Full Access Member

Hmmmm

well new duals to ,new headers..(old ones had broke and split underneath and made a lot of not pleasant noise).

Complete tune up MSD 4 prong module.Accel super coil for a Hei-brass post cap and prem rotor.New wires accel 8.8 90 degree plug boots all boots at the plug had heat reflective tube cut and fit for each wire.

Adjust timing

Factory oil cooler sprung a leak..replaced with a monster sized Hayden oil cooler take an extra quart of oil now.

11. CaliDude76

CaliDude76 Full Access Member

absolutely nuthin!! :(

I just went by my dad's and seen the dust and cobwebs on my Goldie

12. HotRodPC

HotRodPC Administrator

You better at least go have a sit in it and have a few words with it. You know, spend a bit of alone time with it. Trucks have tendency to get jealous of wives and babies if you don't spend at least a little time with them.

13. HotRodPC

HotRodPC Administrator

Recently done the Upper A frame rebuild on the driver side of the 84 C20 and put New (Slightly used) Moog Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends, and Idler arm on it. Just needs aligned now but the front end is tighter than a 12yo now.

On the K1500, Bought that A833 4 speed OD trans and been doing research to install it. That's on hold now, but been trying to track down a PS fluid leak.

14. bobehud

bobehud Full Access Member

damn forgot got all electric windows working took 2 motors 3 window regulators and a gang switch on drivers door....

next thing will be the door locks..the ol' girl likes the heat ran great in that 100+ days we had

15. CaliDude76

CaliDude76 Full Access Member

LOL.. you know,.. P.C., that is sooo true... a long while ago when me and my wife went to take my Goldie for a ride, she wouldn't start for anything!!

She wasn't giving it up at all, It took some coercing, dash rub, a few more extra tender pumps of the gas pedal...oh, and my wife saying "....It's OK Goldie-girl, you're still one of the top three women in his life, after me and my daughter, of course".... and that worked!

who knew?