What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Still screwing with why my high speed won't work on my ac blower fan. Uuugh! At least this isnt my daily driver and it sits most of the time in the garage getting dusty.

I know what you mean Hotrod...damn near everything on my square is new or upgraded...and I STILL have had to swap out "new parts" due to them malfunctioning...especially electrical components like relays. I preach to my kids how crappy auto part quality is with "new parts". Hell, just last week I had to buy a new exterior door handle for my offroad Tacoma build. The new handle wasn't even out of the box 5 mins and I noticed that the metal mechanism was flawed and made from cheap thin gauge metal. I contacted the company, complained about the crap quality and they instantly gave me a full refund, told me not to return the part and to throw it away. WOW!!! I guess its not the first complaint and they obviously know its not made well....AND it was a genuine Toyota part...wtf!!

Last edited:

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Put on a new caliper and pads. Did the driver side bearings because they didn't look too good.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
New valve cover gasket, temperature sensor, steering wheel, side view and rear view mirrors, windshield, tilt back bench seat, wiper blades, fuel and air filter, clutch and break pedal rubbers, interior bulbs, sound system, tires, license plate lights, windshield washer rebuild kit, fuel system and coolant system flush. Also painted the valve cover, thermostat housing, and air cleaner cover. Next up is reupholstery of the seat and dash cover.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I wish I had something to post in here. :bawl:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I just picked up a donor truck with a lot of new parts for the frame since mine is bent.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
New valve cover gasket, temperature sensor, steering wheel, side view and rear view mirrors, windshield, tilt back bench seat, wiper blades, fuel and air filter, clutch and break pedal rubbers, interior bulbs, sound system, tires, license plate lights, windshield washer rebuild kit, fuel system and coolant system flush. Also painted the valve cover, thermostat housing, and air cleaner cover. Next up is reupholstery of the seat and dash cover.

Have you looked at the auto-dim mirrors? Absolutely love mine. With it i'm getting much less reflection off the back glass. $40-50 on ebay. Probably less if you have a pick-n-pull close by. LOL I'd go nuts if I had one close by....kinda like that first trip you ever made to Harbor Freight lol.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Well I got nothing at all done last week, the week before that all I got done was the core support cleaned an a fresh coat of semi gloss black. Today I got the trans crossmember mounted up. Frame looks rough there now with holes for a th350, 700r4 an now the nv3500 lol.

Really hope I get to drive the thing at some point in 2016 lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Have the '87 in the shop getting the AC back to 100%. front AC works but needs a charge and the small leak fixed wherever it's at. Also, getting the rear AC working again. I'm tired of having a HOT burby in these hot summer months.

Also been working this week on finishing off the audio portion of my '87 build with getting the panels wrapped in vinyl. Will post pics once 100% complete.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Have the '87 in the shop getting the AC back to 100%. front AC works but needs a charge and the small leak fixed wherever it's at. Also, getting the rear AC working again. I'm tired of having a HOT burby in these hot summer months.

Also been working this week on finishing off the audio portion of my '87 build with getting the panels wrapped in vinyl. Will post pics once 100% complete.

Would you believe I haven't touched the A/C on the Caprice since I bought it, and it still works great? Guess the Freon didn't like Missouri and tried to escape when it lived there! :D

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Would you believe I haven't touched the A/C on the Caprice since I bought it, and it still works great? Guess the Freon didn't like Missouri and tried to escape when it lived there! :D

:lol: Yeah, I'm surprised you haven't had to recharge it LOL She must like you a lot better than me :rofl:

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's

You'll love having the front and rear a/c working again. I converted mine over to R134a after purchasing it in '04. With both blowers on low, it gets cold enough to almost be uncomfortable, even with outside temps in the 90's.

And what did I do today? Finally fixed the chirping/squealing serpentine belt. Discovered it was caused by me not installing the p/s pump pulley deep enough onto the p/s pump shaft. So that made the serp belt run at a slight angle, causing it to ride against the forward lip of the water pump pulley. Rented the tool from Autozone, pressed the pulley inward about another 3/16" and used a metal straight edge to check alignment to the crankshaft pulley....and voila' the squeal is gone. D'oh.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not a thing [emoji22]
I have yet to get a rebuild kit for the 350....I miss my truck

Have you at least tore it down to mic everything so you know what kit to buy? You'll need to measure the cylinder wear to find out it it needs a bore, and if so how deep you have to cut it, or if you can get by with just a rering, I'd plan on boring though, so that means you'll need new oversize pistons too, .030, .040, or .060 over and rings to match. Plan on taking those to the machine shop to have the pistons and wrist pins pressed. Also, have the con rods reconned. Hot tanked, magnafluxed, shot peened, checked for twist and big end resized. Replace with moly con rod bolts and nuts if you intend high rpm.

Look for scores in the crank. If it has some and needs turned, then find out if it will clean up at .010, .020 or .030 on both the rods and mains so you can get bearing sizes to match. Hopefully it will just need a polish clean and not have to be cut, if it needs a cut, hope for .010/.010.

Then not a bad idea to have the complete rotating assembly balanced since the machine shop will have your crank, rods and pistons.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Have you at least tore it down to mic everything so you know what kit to buy? You'll need to measure the cylinder wear to find out it it needs a bore, and if so how deep you have to cut it, or if you can get by with just a rering, I'd plan on boring though, so that means you'll need new oversize pistons too, .030, .040, or .060 over and rings to match. Plan on taking those to the machine shop to have the pistons and wrist pins pressed. Also, have the con rods reconned. Hot tanked, magnafluxed, shot peened, checked for twist and big end resized. Replace with moly con rod bolts and nuts if you intend high rpm.

Look for scores in the crank. If it has some and needs turned, then find out if it will clean up at .010, .020 or .030 on both the rods and mains so you can get bearing sizes to match. Hopefully it will just need a polish clean and not have to be cut, if it needs a cut, hope for .010/.010.

Then not a bad idea to have the complete rotating assembly balanced since the machine shop will have your crank, rods and pistons.

Not a thing, been waiting until I have the cash, it's a crate motor though and idk the miles, I've put 20k on it in 3 years, there's receipts on a rebuild a year before I got it, I'll mic it but I think I want to put a little bigger cam
No scores or anything past normal wear, everything looks good, couple cylinders had been ran lean but I won't be going back with edelbrock when it's finished
Looking at entire rebuild kits from summit that have everything except the block and crank

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula