What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Very nice

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Fighting my crap idle circuit on the 1411 750 Edelbrock carb! Don't get this carb if you have a long duration cam. Just get a EDDY 650 or Holley brand carb. I'm learning my lesson right now. Only runs right with mechanical advance ONLY and no vacuum advance. But I love her regardless!

Nice. The brush guard gave me a different approach to my idea. Every time I have to work in the engine bay, I wish I had something about bumper height to stand on. I'll have to keep an eye out for one and maybe hinge it somehow so it can lower to have a "platform" to stand on.

May mock one up if I find some PVC laying around, or just make something out of wood to hang on the bumper. LOL tired of the cooler moving at the wrong time.

The Struggle

Reaction score
First Name
Blaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I keep an eye out for those brush guards just to see if I can find one cheaper than re-chroming mine. It's a good strong guard so one like it would work great with a winch plate or bracketed for a trailer/tow hitch mount behind a travel basket. The boxed trailer universal hitch would be up your alley. Then you can throw anything on there and keep it low profile when not I in use. :cheers:

I use my little giant ladder to work on my truck. I'm tired or throwing pants away jumping up into my engine bay to tinker and jump down every 5 mins. to get the random tools I need around every corner.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
LOL was gonna PM someone with this thought and figured what the hell. If someone thinks I'm an idiot for thinking this, oh well.

My thoughts on a fold out platform I mentioned earlier. Could be the grill or a brush guard. Edited pic.

picture.php

Last edited:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Clutch master hooked up. Now I need someone to help bleeding the system. Hopefully adding fluid doesn't make it to stiff.

You must be registered for see images attach

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
got a vortec 350 wired up for standalone. just need trans, fuel system and driveline modified.

Last edited:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
got a vortec 350 wired up for standalone. just need trans, fuel system and driveline modified.
Did you find a writeup somewhere on doing that? I have a 96 harness I need to do that to.

oopsman_09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra classic c1500
Engine Size
no just went to lt1swaps.com and read through the wiring pinout. its not my first fuel injection swap so i had an idea on where to start. I also have the entire engine and trand harness (uncut) and the under dash harness. But if you hook up the engine harness to the engine. then just plug your battery cables to a battery. I hooked up my fuel pump just like factrory. then pulled the ignition fuse and jumped power to it. that turned on the pcm. then just jumped the starter relay and away she went.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
The 80's called and wanted their braided hose covers back. But I ain't given 'em.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The 80's called and wanted their braided hose covers back. But I ain't given 'em.

And to hell with the 80's wanting their **** back. I like those covers. Great protection for the hoses and they tend to last longer too. It all about the looks IMO.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
The instructions said you could use soapy water to put them on, or silicone spray.

Soapy water took an hour to get maybe 8" along. Silicone spray took 15 minutes to do the whole thing.

I had to machine a couple extra hose clamp covers for the back-flush fitting I have. I'll have to snag a picture of those....

What I REALLY want, is black diamond Naugahyde to cover the cracked dash and failed headliner. That would get the 70's calling....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The instructions said you could use soapy water to put them on, or silicone spray.

Soapy water took an hour to get maybe 8" along. Silicone spray took 15 minutes to do the whole thing.

I had to machine a couple extra hose clamp covers for the back-flush fitting I have. I'll have to snag a picture of those....

What I REALLY want, is black diamond Naugahyde to cover the cracked dash and failed headliner. That would get the 70's calling....

So the trick to braided hose covers is Silicone Spray for certain.

Yeah, if you go with that naugahyde, may as well go to Lowes or Home Depot and get you a sheet of wood grain paneling in your favorite pattern and make some door panels to go with it too. :happy175:

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
No. The door panels are still good. Now, if this was a VAN, booyeah!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
In the process of changing the rear differential fluid. Man alive that fluid was rusty looking. Everything looked good. I'll fill her up tomorrow (let the liquid gasket setup real good). One lesson I learned today....when draining it, break the seal gently with a screw driver. I got the bright idea to just pull with my hands. Blam! 2 quarts splashed out pretty fast.

I did score some terminal strips and 13 SPST switches from trashed equipment at work. I like free! May work on the ACC terminal strip behind the glove box tomorrow as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody