What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Congrats on the smog pass, I'd be getting rid of that filter and replace it with a metal can..

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
Congrats on the smog pass, I'd be getting rid of that filter and replace it with a metal can..

I've actually been pretty impressed with this filter. It's a one-piece deal, pretty thick plastic, and it's really useful for a quick visual to make sure fuel is flowing. Made it real easy to diagnose the mechanical pump as the culprit when I had problems.

I found it in the "help" section at O'reilly Auto Parts, If I recall.

I have had bad experiences before with the multi-piece glass aftermarket filters, both leaking at the o-rings / barb fittings and with the glass cracking. I wouldn't use those near the motor or exhaust.

I am under the hood enough that I'm confident I'll catch it if it starts cracking or leaking.

I do need to pick up a spare to keep in the glove box, just in case.

Thanks,
-Josh

You must be registered for see images attach

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've actually been pretty impressed with this filter. It's a one-piece deal, pretty thick plastic, and it's really useful for a quick visual to make sure fuel is flowing. Made it real easy to diagnose the mechanical pump as the culprit when I had problems.

I found it in the "help" section at O'reilly Auto Parts, If I recall.

I have had bad experiences before with the multi-piece glass aftermarket filters, both leaking at the o-rings / barb fittings and with the glass cracking. I wouldn't use those near the motor or exhaust.

I am under the hood enough that I'm confident I'll catch it if it starts cracking or leaking.

I do need to pick up a spare to keep in the glove box, just in case.

Thanks,
-Josh
A 1 piece plastic????, never seen that before, that white end piece usually falls off from heat, and I had one distort on the side while driving in 115* heat, IMO they're nothing but a fireball waiting to happen, and those glass ones are just as bad especially with that ethanol skunk piss gas, those O-rings deteriorate real quick. But it's your truck you do as you see fit..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
:sorry:Those are good for lawn tractors lol.:dancingpoop:

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
A 1 piece plastic????, never seen that before, that white end piece usually falls off from heat, and I had one distort on the side while driving in 115* heat, IMO they're nothing but a fireball waiting to happen, and those glass ones are just as bad especially with that ethanol skunk piss gas, those O-rings deteriorate real quick. But it's your truck you do as you see fit..

Now you're making me nervous :)

It looks to be a 3-part assembly with the filter / end cap sonic welded on, so effectively a 1-piece as far as the user. Good point on the heat concerns, but I've been running it in Phoenix for about the past year and haven't seen any signs of melting yet. I'll try to find another one and do a more in-depth look for the group.

FYI- About 8 months ago I put a metal canister filter down at the frame upstream of the pump- this plastic one is primarily for a visual of fuel flow now.

-Josh

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Now you're making me nervous :)

It looks to be a 3-part assembly with the filter / end cap sonic welded on, so effectively a 1-piece as far as the user. Good point on the heat concerns, but I've been running it in Phoenix for about the past year and haven't seen any signs of melting yet. I'll try to find another one and do a more in-depth look for the group.

FYI- About 8 months ago I put a metal canister filter down at the frame upstream of the pump- this plastic one is primarily for a visual of fuel flow now.

-Josh
Yeah, they do look like a one piece unless you look at it close, how I know is I was with my neighbor once and we stopped at a store and when we got out of his car we could smell gas like crazy so we started looking around didn't see nothing dripping on the ground, then we opened the hood and there it was, the adhesive melted and the end cap was coming off the unit and there was gas all over the intake, and it around 110* out, probably 200* under the hood, that was scary **** there.. Not trying to scare ya just want you to be aware..

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I knew if I talked some trash I'd get you to respond here. I in fact did hit you up over there about 3 or 4 months ago. I went back to see your response and they had deleted my post, so I'm sure you didn't see it.

No, I did not see it. I think it was before then that I ad pretty much backed out of there too.
I``m going to go over and give GMC My email addy, I`d like to keep in contact with him without having to go through the forum.

So how you been doing? Doing alright? Hope all is going better than I'm doing !!!

My problems aint nothing compared to what You have been going through. I`m doing quite well, although I have to really limit My garage floor time as them feets, ankles and legs gets mighty sore. about two hours at a time, then go in and put them feets up for a couple hours then back out and hitit again. LOL

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
The 700R4 swap in the 'burb will get a good test starting tomorrow: heading up to Prescott and then Flagstaff for a roadtrip test run and weekend of fun. Then, on the 17th my wife and I are off on a 8 state, 3800 mile or so road trip camping vacation.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The 700R4 swap in the 'burb will get a good test starting tomorrow: heading up to Prescott and then Flagstaff for a roadtrip test run and weekend of fun. Then, on the 17th my wife and I are off on a 8 state, 3800 mile or so road trip camping vacation.
Cool !!! What states are you hitting up? Stopping to say hey or meet any members from GMSB? I think it would be cool to do a trip like that and have some members meet up where ever I was camping out and hang out for at least a few hours or even overnight camp. Prolly not, you're kind of newbie here and don't know many of us very well yet.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
But Hey, do let some members in the area you're going know in advance. You might collect some email addy's or phone #'s. In the event you do have a breakdown and need some parts, tools or a hand, most of us here are willing to drive a bit if need be to help out a fellow member. And they might even be in an area where they know where the good parts are or good help, tow service etc if needed. We do have a thread for members to give their location for that reason. If you break down anywhere nationwide, there is a list of guys on the map for you to contact for help.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'd love to be able to do something for 2 hours at a time. I'm good for about 15-20 minutes, then take a break for 15-20, then back at it again for 15-20. I can't break for to long cuz if I do, my legs, arms and hands go numb and joint pain go through the roof. Kinda like an old truck. I take a while to get going, but when I do finally get going, I have to keep it going but without over doing it. Activity is good for me, it keeps the nerves and muscles stimulated, just gotta be cautious how and what I do. Nothing is done fast anymore even when I'm able. Hell, sitting at the computer anymore is quite painful at times and my legs go numb, so I have to get up quite often a walk around the house a bit and then I can go sit back down. I'm being told along with all the back damage at all 4 levels, I may have fibromyalgia however spelled. Not sure, that's much more common in women than men as well as rhumetoid arthor itis. Anyway, to many ailments stacked up as well as an abdominal hernia, a tumor in my gut and now some mental issues believe it or not. Panic and Anxiety attacks are no joke buddy. Those are circumstantial though. I feel like such a ****** loser now days and the stress level is way to high and now have severe sleeping disorders on top off all this ****. Just a huge snowball of a bunch of different ailments. And of course I found out last week, my disability was denied so now I start the appeal process. I really hope to get on it, not for the cash that I need badly since I have ZERO income, but more to get medical treatment and I hope I can return to work someday. If they can't save my legs, I at least hope they can save my arms and hands. It is what it is, when I've decided I can't handle it anymore I'll be jumping off a bridge with a rope around my neck in front of semi. 1 of the 3, the fall, the hanging, or getting hit my the semi are bound to be successful sicne everything else I've touched the last few years has been a fukin failure. Hopefully I can at least get that done right.
You are not a loser, You are a real good guy, Your participation in this forum proves that.
sometimes the pain, numbness, stinging of the hands and feet and back gets almost more than I can bear, Then I read or hear of someone else that is in much worse condition than I, it brings Me to a state of gratitude that I am no worse than I am.
With everything You have, especially the fibromialga, You will get the SSDI and the Medicare insurance. Your quality of life will increase a hundred fold.

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
Installed a tach in the 'burb after spending the trip up to Flag wondering what RPM I was actually cruising at compared to the gearing calculations. Had this old Sun kicking around with a crappy bezel, so I stripped it and painted it white.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Came out good..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Made it make some noise......happy noise.

808 k10

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Installed new mickey Thompson mtz p3

Forum statistics

Threads