What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
@MrMarty51 Don't come around here nomore. He's to good for us. He hangs out over at that forum with them stuck up nose in the air peeps where I used to hang out. Long Story behind that.
I just asked because I know them cars like the back of my hand. I went to a week long class for new product training back in 97 the B5 came out in 98 with the B5.5 in 01

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just asked because I know them cars like the back of my hand. I went to a week long class for new product training back in 97 the B5 came out in 98 with the B5.5 in 01
He Might show back up. I noticed he was on earlier today. I was going to send him a PM to rattle his cage but didn't find out how in time and he signed off.

84c10Tony

Howdy!
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Was 84
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Awe crap, I wrote that in response to reading the new trans cooler setup several pages back...frainbart.

Well then, looked at the 2 years of dust in it, sighed, and readjusted the sun shield that was over the seat, tools, and all the engine parts in the pass. side.
Due to CA smog rules, can't have my questionable engine rebuilt, would someone mind giving me an 84+ engine and installing it? and I will pay you in a year or two when my case settles. I can almost hear the replies now...lol, and no, not fncrazy, I just want to putt down the road.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn, and for a minute I thought someone was saying we're pretty cool and not the ******** we pretend to be. :laughing1:

What do you mean your engine is questionable? Is that saying they can't find the serial # on the engine to determine what year it is? Cali smog smog sucks. You'd think you just rebuild any small block engine and then smog the damn for what it is, an 84 C10. Is your truck an OEM Cali Emissions with the CCC computer on board? Feedback carb and all that ********?

To bad you can't find you a 6.2 Diesel square then it'd smog exempt and you could put any engine you wanted in it.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Damn, and for a minute I thought someone was saying we're pretty cool and not the ******** we pretend to be. :laughing1:
Being truly cool is not having to be told you are........and who's pretending:flamingdevil:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Back to the topic of this thread. :)

What I did to my Square today was get close to finishing the Western Chassis dropped spindle installation. Used Moog ball joints, Pitman arm, and idler arm along with Energy Suspension control arm bushings. Tie rod ends are old stock Duralast/Federal Mogul parts made in the USA.

What's left to do is install the brakes and tie rod ends. Then on to the front end alignment using a handy-dandy alignment tool I bought several years ago. I last used it on a 55 Chevy car and got much better results than I expected.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Back to the topic of this thread. :)

What I did to my Square today was get close to finishing the Western Chassis dropped spindle installation. Used Moog ball joints, Pitman arm, and idler arm along with Energy Suspension control arm bushings. Tie rod ends are old stock Duralast/Federal Mogul parts made in the USA.

What's left to do is install the brakes and tie rod ends. Then on to the front end alignment using a handy-dandy alignment tool I bought several years ago. I last used it on a 55 Chevy car and got much better results than I expected.

While your doing all this, don't forget we get 5% off at Rockauto.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
30valve or 20valve Passat?

It is a 30 valve.

@MrMarty51 Don't come around here nomore. He's to good for us. He hangs out over at that forum with them stuck up nose in the air peeps where I used to hang out. Long Story behind that.
Dont hold it agin Me. I`ve not had much time for any forums lately.
I aint been hanging out over there much either. I think in about the last year, i`ve maby posted a 1/2 a dozen times.
I guess I dont know what happened, I was wondering though, as I had not seen You in there for quite some time.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It is a 30 valve.

Dont hold it agin Me. I`ve not had much time for any forums lately.
I aint been hanging out over there much either. I think in about the last year, i`ve maby posted a 1/2 a dozen times.
I guess I dont know what happened, I was wondering though, as I had not seen You in there for quite some time.

I knew if I talked some trash I'd get you to respond here. I in fact did hit you up over there about 3 or 4 months ago. I went back to see your response and they had deleted my post, so I'm sure you didn't see it.

So how you been doing? Doing alright? Hope all is going better than I'm doing !!!

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
Spent about 1/2 hour under the 'Burb in the driveway trying to get the two $%&^$#%&* bolts out that hold the fuel pump to the block. Man,I clearly wasn't planning on replacing it! Got 'em broke loose at least, then had to take the kids out for the "you did a good job in school this year" dinner.

Back to the driveway first thing tomorrow. Need to get it smogged before my tags expire on June 1st.

-Josh

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
While your doing all this, don't forget we get 5% off at Rockauto.
Ha, I always forget that! However, the Moog parts were the same price or less at Summit Racing with free shipping for orders over $99. Rock Auto shipping charges can get a little high on heavy parts like springs. And they really get you if the parts ship from multiple warehouses.

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Spent another 2 hours under the 'Burb this morning getting the new mechanical fuel pump on and replacing soft lines.

Passed emissions and got my tags renewed, Woo-Hoo!

-Josh

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Great News !!! Congrats on the Emissions Pass !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC