What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suburble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban C20
Engine Size
What have I done to the 'Burb this weekend? Turned it around in the driveway Saturday morning to change out the T-stat to a lower temp one I bought and put on a phenolic spacer...

Then I couldn't find the parts in my disaster of a garage...

Enlisted the kids to "help". About 14 hours in so far in 100 degree heat, 3 contractor trash bags taken to the can. 3 packed long-bed truck loads of stuff to storage space. 2 T-stats and a phenolic spacer found, but not the ones I bought lately, and won't work on the 'Burb. 2 wasp stings (me), bruised shin (me), sore back (me), slightly bloody nose (kid fight), and lots of minor scrapes.

Called it a day about an hour ago. Found the new T-stat and phenolic spacer in the glovebox of the 'Burb where I'd left them so they wouldn't get lost in the garage...

On the plus side, I can now see the car I had buried in there, and lots of the floor. The kids are having fun "helping" and sorting parts and tools into bins.

Time to put the kids to bed and crack open the good whiskey, I think.

-Josh

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
What have I done to the 'Burb this weekend? Turned it around in the driveway Saturday morning to change out the T-stat to a lower temp one I bought and put on a phenolic spacer...

Then I couldn't find the parts in my disaster of a garage...

Enlisted the kids to "help". About 14 hours in so far in 100 degree heat, 3 contractor trash bags taken to the can. 3 packed long-bed truck loads of stuff to storage space. 2 T-stats and a phenolic spacer found, but not the ones I bought lately, and won't work on the 'Burb. 2 wasp stings (me), bruised shin (me), sore back (me), slightly bloody nose (kid fight), and lots of minor scrapes.

Called it a day about an hour ago. Found the new T-stat and phenolic spacer in the glovebox of the 'Burb where I'd left them so they wouldn't get lost in the garage...

On the plus side, I can now see the car I had buried in there, and lots of the floor. The kids are having fun "helping" and sorting parts and tools into bins.

Time to put the kids to bed and crack open the good whiskey, I think.

-Josh
Isn't it great how something small and relatively simple turns into a major production....? But at the end of the day you did something for the greater good you wouldn't have done in the first place, and quality time was spent with your children and I'm sure they learned different something along the way.....win win in my book.:cheers:

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
You must be registered for see images attach

change the front end this weekend. its the se front end dress up kit from lmc. headlights, marker lights, parking lights, grill, headlamp bezels. I modified my original center grill molding to work on the new se chrome grill.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
change the front end this weekend. its the se front end dress up kit from lmc. headlights, marker lights, parking lights, grill, headlamp bezels. I modified my original center grill molding to work on the new se chrome grill.
Nice! I was looking at this front end kit, and I have decided that I NEED it!

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4

Installed 8k H.I.D. lights last night

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Yesterday I got the back tires off and got the drums unstuck so I can get it back to the house for the rocker panel replacement. Also dropped the battery off at Autozone and had it charged. Gotta replace a fusible link and it should fire up. I'm considering driving it home with no floor lol.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Cleaned out the cab for the first time in a year, cleaned out the bed from all the leaves that fell over fall last year, still waiting on the time and cash to put the 350 together for it

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Tearing out hvac and old wiring, hope to get a new custom harness ran for most things and new gauge cluster

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Got it running, going to get it tuned up a bit this weekend, ready for the ride home to get the rocker on it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Welded the tube to the center section and installed the inner and outer pinion bearings. Gonna go with solid spacer instead of a crush sleeve.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Fixed the glow plug control system in mine, so that it starts the way the factory intended it to.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
wow....this is normally a busy one.....no replies since June?

Anyway, looked at my tail pan assembly as it's rusted out and needs replacing. LMC wants $150 for the whole assembly! Anyone used steel "U" channel for this part? From what I see it's bolted at the ends so it shouldn't be a PITA to remove/install with the bed off. Correct me if I'm wrong. I did notice a tac weld on each side so it might not be as easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128