Well What A Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
That's an old tale. Pouring suger into a gas tank, at best, MIGHT clog a fuel filter and that's it. Watching to much TV would be accurate. Kinda like throwing a lit cigarette onto splilled gasoline and it ignites the gas and follows the trail of spilled gas. NO IT DON'T !!! You can drop a lit cigarette into a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and guess what happens??? Yeah, the cigarette goes out as if you dropped it into water. This is why I tell people, it's more dangerous to pump gas with your cell phone in your hands than smoke a cig or a cigar while pumping gas. Gasoline needs a spark or a flame to ignite. Static hair or clothing is more likely to start as gasoline fire pumping gas than smoking.
Wat does the worst damage? I mean so I know what to lock up first my crap! Or my crap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Ya..
Not only was that kid a spoiled brat , he was stupid too.

Because.
Why would he sabotage a truck he wants to steal?
Answer : he wouldn't.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
A locking gas cap and a hood lock are not bad ideas. Even though the sugar trick is ********, even someone was to fill your tank with water, that's an expensive mess to drop the tank, flush all the water out of the lines and fuel filter and carb bowl.

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
Ya..
Not only was that kuid a spoiled brat , he was stupid too.

Because.
Why would he sabotage a truck he wants to steal?
Answer : he wouldn't.
Ha ha smartasses you all got more brains then u know what to do with!! That’s why you have to pick on the new one!! Anddd ur not reading what I put!! Read between the lines lmao I laughed for a reason!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’m honestly thinking he’s done something to my other gas tank! I sat here thinking bout it!! That day when he returned after taking the damn truck! He told me he filled my other tank!!!! Well needless to say his ass never done that! He is one tight *******! So when he persisted to repeat himself hmmm gee!!!! I have barely ran on that tank. Only bout 20 mile and I immediately refilled it up.. Is it still possible something could have been done?
I’m so sick with flip flops in my stomach!I’m ready to throw up!!!
After he told me, the mother of his kids that is and his wife 14 years so to speak!! I’m useless and a deadass that doesn’t deserve anything? I got threatened again just last night. he cleaned the accounts! Knowing that’s what there was for the girls! Nowww Gee Rocky why would you top my second tank off!!! I bet you’re grimy ass was making sure that if the bleach didn’t work, Def messing with the gas would put hank in his grave for sure!!! Well needless to say I only use it for backup/emergency’s! I just pray I’m wrong! But chances are on this site I’m never right and the time I want to be won’t happen! I have the worst luck anyway never do I get things I want or need!!
Meanwhile he is persistent at saying his property isn’t mine either? Like wtf where is it not? Anyway I just may go find the nearest bridge!!!! If hank makes it out of this I will for sure know why a Chevy is a Chevy! Lmao
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dont let the ins. take it as I am sure they will say its totaled, make them repair it and go after him.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
That's an old tale. Pouring suger into a gas tank, at best, MIGHT clog a fuel filter and that's it. Watching to much TV would be accurate. Kinda like throwing a lit cigarette onto splilled gasoline and it ignites the gas and follows the trail of spilled gas. NO IT DON'T !!! You can drop a lit cigarette into a 5 gallon bucket of gasoline and guess what happens??? Yeah, the cigarette goes out as if you dropped it into water. This is why I tell people, it's more dangerous to pump gas with your cell phone in your hands than smoke a cig or a cigar while pumping gas. Gasoline needs a spark or a flame to ignite. Static hair or clothing is more likely to start as gasoline fire pumping gas than smoking.

I used to work at an airport and had to test the fuel daily. I always used the grounding wire because I was frightful of a flare-up. But yes, static electricity and gas fumes are a dangerous mix indeed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I used to work at an airport and had to test the fuel daily. I always used the grounding wire because I was frightful of a flare-up. But yes, static electricity and gas fumes are a dangerous mix indeed.
Back in the day where I was a shirt and tie guy, I had this pair of dress shoes that walking on carpet or even the carpet in my truck would get me so lit up with static my hair would stand up. I had to use lots of hair spray. Every damn time I got outta my truck and I touched the door to close it, I'd get a shock from my fingernails to me teeth. Talk about friggin wierd. At any rate, I got to where I pushed my truck door closed with my knee instead. Now when I got gas, I made damn sure I touched the truck FIRST and felt the shock. That way I knew I was discharged. I couldn't believe a pair of shoes caused that. It was so bad I just quit wearing the damn things and threw them away.

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
Back in the day where I was a shirt and tie guy, I had this pair of dress shoes that walking on carpet or even the carpet in my truck would get me so lit up with static my hair would stand up. I had to use lots of hair spray. Every damn time I got outta my truck and I touched the door to close it, I'd get a shock from my fingernails to me teeth. Talk about friggin wierd. At any rate, I got to where I pushed my truck door closed with my knee instead. Now when I got gas, I made damn sure I touched the truck FIRST and felt the shock. That way I knew I was discharged. I couldn't believe a pair of shoes caused that. It was so bad I just quit wearing the damn things and threw them away.
Oh My you talk like I, R U ah Hick from back younder? Funny Stuff!! Just reminds me of a WV man! Anyway how come you didn’t try a dryer sheet? Who told you hairspray ha ha! That is and old hairstylist trick! I learned that in cosmo school! That would get pricey! Ok falling asleep! By the way I was granted everything I asked for today in court! One more hearing if he don’t fight me! Then maybe the word temporary will be dropped! Anyway Ta Ta!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hmm, Really??? I was born and raised in So Cali, so no I didn't think I talked like a hick. To this day, I still don't even say Ya'll, or supper, back yonder, or as this hick I live with from Arkansas, backair, or upair. I say Back There and Up There as well as supper is dinner. :shrug:

Cool, sounds like a good day in court. At least something is working right. :waytogo:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size