Well What A Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
We're probably not supposed to recommend half-@$$ed Band-Aid repairs, but if the heater core is leaking and you don't have the $$$ or a mechanic that you are comfortable with right now you could bypass the heater core temporarily. Summer will get here eventually (spring might even get here eventually :rolleyes:) and you can get away without it for a few months. Naturally, don't put off replacing it for too long.

The other thought is about the radiator. At least on my truck, I've put several copper radiators in it during it's life, but only one aluminum/plastic one. I looked at Rock Auto and that seems to be mostly what they offer. So for the $70 or $85 bucks vs the cost of repairing the copper one you might be better off investing in the more modern one and be done with it.

If you have to go this route, you may want to buy a"hair drier" that plugs into the cig lighter. These blow hot/warm air and can help with fogged windows in the winter and will usually warm up the interior of a VW bug, maybe not a suburban - well for sure not a suburban.

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
If you have to go this route, you may want to buy a"hair drier" that plugs into the cig lighter. These blow hot/warm air and can help with fogged windows in the winter and will usually warm up the interior of a VW bug, maybe not a suburban - well for sure not a suburban.
Ha ha rolled on floor laughing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
Lord if I have to see bev and butthead again!!! I’m gonna kill Kenny!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly