Show Us Your Man Cave

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I'll pass on the super shop. Something that clean, you don't do work in.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll pass on the super shop. Something that clean, you don't do work in.
Honestly, that is how I like my shop. You get much more accomplished in a clean organized environment. I'd love to get my 30x40 shop built in my backyard someday. Oh so bad do I want it. And yes, it will be that clean. Maybe not that nice and amount of equipment but I do hope someday to get back into building transmissions on a drop off, bench job, pick up basis. I am not able to do R&R anymore with my health issues. I'll do my own, in my leisure at a very slow pace, but not day in day out. I hope to have a hoist system to lift the transmisisons to the building table and holding ficture. I'd like to engines again too, but with the cost of machine work, it hurts the overhead, and not to mention, anyone and everyone can build an engine, but not everyone can build a transmission.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I am the type of person who could never keep my work area that clean.

When I do body work, you only have to look at *me* to know what color material I am working with. I've seen some guys sand and paint an entire car and never get a spec of dirt or dust on them. I wear my work. Always have.

I spent what, three days in my garage cleaning and scraping the rust off the frame of my truck. Now, I cannot get the jeans I wore during that little project clean. Aside from the first day when I was putting tools away, I never actually came into contact with any grease, either.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ahh yeah, no doubt, when you work on dirty projects you are bound to get dirty yourself and dirty the work area. But when all done, you just gotta clean it up. I have oil spills too, I keep cat litter handy at all times. I usually wear nitrile gloves to keep my hands from getting to nasty. And anytime building a motor and especially a transmisison, its important to keep them clean. One dirt partical or sliver of metal shaving, can hang up a valve in a valve body. Don't get me wrong, you got make a mess when working, but after that project, simply clean up and reorganize for the next project.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
That shop looks more like a factory, its not like they encounter a variety of stuff to work on but instead have an area for each technician and thats most likely why there is no clutter. There is probably a couple non educated dudes like me who have ****** for desert racing who strictly pressure wash all the dirt off the race cars before they even enter the shop and follow technicians around cleaning up after them. The family members probably reserve their time for screwing around with the family toys for the kids and get mentored from the experts they hire.

I could not imagine being so god damn wealthy you pay people to keep your race trucks in shape so you have enough time to screw around with quads and other cool little projects.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
That bottom one looks like my buddies shop in Las Cruces. Very affordable to construct.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a pole barn type garage, but those old brick or cinderblock garages look so cool too, but I bet are more expensive to construct.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I want my 30x40 in the backyard to be brick that matches my house, but you are correct, much more expensive and time to construct too. A pole can go up in a day once the slab is down, and I have also seen them put on dirt, then the slab poured inside and it was done in about 10 hours with a crew of 8 guys. That was a 35 x 35.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I rent my man cave now. Got sick of my house looking like a warehouse/auto shop. And with the city being the asses they are, it was best for me to move stuff out anyway. This is an old airplane hanger that a buddy and I rent. Half of its myspace, half of its his space and the doors open all the way across the front from end to end, so getting trucks in and out isn't a problem. If I didn't have parts in there, I could 2 wide with room to spare, and 2 deep as long as they weren't crew cabs. Oh, and we even have a shittter. LMAO Just walk out the front doors and across the gravel road and there it is. All we have is electric and getting a phone and internet at the shop. No running water. Kinda sucks for cleaning up, but hand soap and rags work, and we have a 55 gallon drum of water too that last quite a while for multipupose use.

City here is also a bunch of asses too. County is easier to deal with.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
City here is also a bunch of asses too. County is easier to deal with.

My dad lives 70 miles East of OKC, and he can do whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants. He didn't even have to pull permits to build his 2000 sq ft house, which in a way I wished he had of, cuz he done some redneck **** building that house. :laughing1: But, it is safe however. I did keep him informed of code and another friend of his, so IF it were to ever be inspected its all good. But, point is, he can do whatever he wants 24/7. If he wants to fire canons into the air at 3am, he isn't bothering a sole and no problem. The only government official he ever sees, is about every 3-5 years that damn county tax asssesor comes on this property snooping around for toys like trailers, boats, tractors, back hoes, track hoes, ATV's, goodies, and probably ho s too, so he can rack up some personally property taxes on. I think ho s are tax free except in NV where being a ho is legal as long as you got your health card.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
It's a mess, still haven't found a place for all the extra stuff that comes with combining two house holds, but, here's my cave.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Time for a mancave bump. We gots some recent newbies and wanna see their mancaves too. Here is a couple more pics from inside my mancave. Mostly my transmission cores. I thought I posted them here before but guess not.

Most of these are 4L60-E's
attachment.php

These are my BPO Th400's including the 67 Olds Variable Switch Pitch Turbo 400, a coupe Th 350's and the rest are 700r4's.

Oh, and a NP241C Tcase sitting there on top on the end, and that R&P sitting there is a new OEM set of 4.10 gears out of a 94 14B Full Float with less than 1000 miles on them. My dad did a gear swap and Detroit Locker add to his C&C 1 ton, and I requested the gears back. The ass that set up the rear end was going to keep the gears and sell them. He didn't cut us any slack !!! :flipthebird:
attachment.php

Attachments

• mancav 001.jpg
    mancav 001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 270
  • mancav 002.jpg
    mancav 002.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Dude seriously. You wanna make some cash?

Sending PM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrel