Harbor Freight Tool/Product Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
Hell, I got one of the little 90 amp Flux core welders for just small projects around the house.

For 90 bucks, its a decent little machine. I got access to a Miller 250 so I don't need anything crazy and more importantly expensive.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The 12ton pipe kinker works pretty damn good. I've bend sewer pipe to dom tubing in it.

Also the gantry crane that sells for 700 is pretty nice, used it to pick up the body of my trucks.

12k # badlands winch isn't a bad deal. not bad for mounting on a trailer or offroad. I've known guys who ran one front and back of their rigs.

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
I have a 9k Badlands on the front of my truck

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
not wired yet, actually. Its on my to-do list

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Anybody else see this term and think it is just a vulgar term for a chastity belt??:signs8:

Tow truck driver here. Nope. Use a snatch block several times a week when working. Usually to change angles of cars being pulled by the winch at an offset direction, so they come up on the deck the right way, or a car that is damaged so bad it can't roll straight. Even use them to pull a car up the side of the freeway embankment when having to be parked parallel to the shoulder so the truck isn't blocking 2 lanes of traffic. Many uses for a snatch block.

And I've also had a few chicks, whose girlfriends I called snatch blocks. Trouble makin' bitches !!!

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
just curious a question for the op. what snap on tool is made in china? for the rest of you I am so happy that you find junk made by slave labor, political prisoners, and child labor to be so satisfying. boy I am in trouble now. highdesertranger

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Political **** goes in another topic.

And yes, there are a lot of SO tools that are made in China. They have opened several factories there. Blue Point and Williams (both companies owned by SO) are 95% Taiwan and China now.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah, Plenty of Snap On tools made in China. More than just a few.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
just curious a question for the op. what snap on tool is made in china? for the rest of you I am so happy that you find junk made by slave labor, political prisoners, and child labor to be so satisfying. boy I am in trouble now. highdesertranger

Look through the snap-on book, the last one I had included the country it was manufactured in next to the product.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Several tool manufactures have junk made in China now. I'll be damned that I spend 3 to 4 times the money for a company that sold out to child labor and all the things you mention over GREED. If I'm getting China **** anyway, I'll pay the pennies for it in comparison, especially as broke as I've been the last several years and in many cases this china **** a HF has Lifetime warranty too. Yes, it sucks !!! Thank the greedy corporate bastards.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had a big long speech typed out, but I deleted it. Doesn't matter.

Suffice to say, I feel just fine using my junk china made Harbor Freight tools every time I work on my trucks. My brother has 3 tool boxes full of Strap-on tools equaling well over $40,000 and I'm sorry, but that's just ******* stupid. The guy is an ass every time something is broke and doesn't want to honor their warranty. Harbor Freight has never even questioned how it broke.

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
X2^

I rather spend what little money I have on some HF tools to learn how to use them properly, or whatever it may be, than stock up on 10k worth of tools that I have no business owning.

Smitch320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mitchell
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/SM465 Short Bed
To each his own. If one wants to purchase MAC, Cornwell, Snap-On, Matco, etc. Go for it.

I personally like MAC better than Snap-On, from what I have used from both of the brands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78