Harbor Freight Tool/Product Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I am so disappointed with you all. how is buying junk sh*t going to convince American/canadian companies to make it in USA/Canada. can someone please post a tool from snap on that is made in china, not their promotional sh*t but an actual tool. I will do everything I can to avoid buying Chinese cr*p. I know some things are impossible to find made some where else, cell phones are an example. I will buy from almost anyone that manufactures in a free society. but the Chinese do not pass any sniff test. slave labor, child labor, political prisoners, religious prisoners, how can you all support this. I can't, sorry. we are screwing ourselves and I can't be a part of it. now these rich Chinese that we have made rich are coming over here buying mineral rights, timber rights, farms and ranches. if you can't see where this is going, I am sorry. I have nothing against the Chinese people, they are basically slaves and by buying the junk they produce we are not helping them, we are just helping the status quo.
done with rant. highdesertranger

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
no one really cares what you think, go troll else where.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I am so disappointed with you all. how is buying junk sh*t going to convince American/canadian companies to make it in USA/Canada. can someone please post a tool from snap on that is made in china, not their promotional sh*t but an actual tool. I will do everything I can to avoid buying Chinese cr*p. I know some things are impossible to find made some where else, cell phones are an example. I will buy from almost anyone that manufactures in a free society. but the Chinese do not pass any sniff test. slave labor, child labor, political prisoners, religious prisoners, how can you all support this. I can't, sorry. we are screwing ourselves and I can't be a part of it. now these rich Chinese that we have made rich are coming over here buying mineral rights, timber rights, farms and ranches. if you can't see where this is going, I am sorry. I have nothing against the Chinese people, they are basically slaves and by buying the junk they produce we are not helping them, we are just helping the status quo.
done with rant. highdesertranger

I was on this same kick a few years ago, I even made a thread where you can post cool **** you find thats made in the US. I still try to find home grown products over **** from China but not religiously like I was. At that time I was actually a factory worker and now I work for a big ass evil mining company and guess who buys most of our copper? CHina, so eat your heart out America, keep buying a bunch of cheap ******** from Walmart you cant live without and I will keep filling up my bank.

Actually...Snap On has several factories in China.

I just got an asston of snap on screw drivers off the truck and was almost positive they came from China. They are actually made in the USA as well as my other recent snap on purchases. Some of the **** has to come from china or they cant compete.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Every time I use my very well made and useful harbor freight tools I laugh to myself that some slave laborer made it. 4 billion people and no government overthrow? Must not be that bad a place. American workers can't produce and unions are killing America.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I used to work with a guy that had a brother that worked for a big name manufacturer of tree equipment and his one job was to grind off "Made in China" or where ever and slap a "Made in U.S.A." sticker on.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I've got one of the HF corded power drills - lets just say I tend to like using it as a grinder. Its lasted probably 3 years of pretty nasty forward/reverse high-rpm sudden-stoppage work. Never cleaned it and its probably ground more of its own plastic off than not but I tell you - it still keeps going. It finally started to smell funny a couple weeks ago but whatever - I'll use it until it stops turning. I wire-wheeled the entire under-side of my Camaro with it. I think it was a well spent $12!!!

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I used to work with a guy that had a brother that worked for a big name manufacturer of tree equipment and his one job was to grind off "Made in China" or where ever and slap a "Made in U.S.A." sticker on.
:whymewhyme:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I just used my tire changer on 4 or more 22/60-16's and it worked great, popped the beads on the front first time, back took me doing it once, spin maybe 90 degrees and redo plus use my foot and they popped off. removing them from the rim was easy too, popped right off the top bead, 2nd bead was just hard to get the bar down and grab and then lay it back down, pulling the tire up, but once that was done popped right off.

For mounting I just laid down the rim on the ground threw the tire on top and put it on with my feet, just walked it down.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I just used my tire changer on 4 or more 22/60-16's and it worked great, popped the beads on the front first time, back took me doing it once, spin maybe 90 degrees and redo plus use my foot and they popped off. removing them from the rim was easy too, popped right off the top bead, 2nd bead was just hard to get the bar down and grab and then lay it back down, pulling the tire up, but once that was done popped right off.

For mounting I just laid down the rim on the ground threw the tire on top and put it on with my feet, just walked it down.

Which tool is it?

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
portable tire changer I forget the part number. I meant 225/60-16's

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Harbor Freight is having a big parking lot sale this weekend, I just got a set of car dollies for 40 bucks a pair got 2 pair, a 2 wheel dolly for 30, 3 ton jack stands for 20, a spay gun, and some other little stuff like tarps, moving pads.

You must be registered for see images attach

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Daaamn I wish there wS a harbor freight closer. I need a floor jack and a couple sets of jack stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody