Power tool storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Looking for some ideas for power tool storage. Have a full set of dewalt tools, and a full set of metabo tools that are just thrown in the corner of the basement for now. I’m looking for something portable that I can put everything in to organize all the tools and all my bits and accessories. Looking at the craftsman stuff. Anyone here have any experience with them? I keep all my battery stuff inside the house so I don’t want to do a permanent shelf deal. Just want to keep everything together, but still keep it mobile.
You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
What I did for a while and it's really ghetto but cheap and worked. I got different colored 5 gallon buckets,all my ryobi including charger was in the blue bucket,my dewalt in a yellow bucket,my Milwaukee in a red bucket. I always new where each brands tools batteries and chargers were. Kinda like the stack you showed but I had like no money in it. Even if I had to buy the buckets I think I'd of been in it for7.50. I put my bits and misc. In a bank bag and threw that in the bucket. Since then I just went with tool bags,they don't work any better but it looks better. Nice thing about the buckets was you could snap the lids down and stack them.

Last edited:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
What I did for a while and it's really getting but cheap and worked. I got different colored 5 gallon buckets,all my ryobi including charger was in the blue bucket,my dewalt in a yellow bucket,my Milwaukee in a red bucket. I always new where each brands tools batteries and chargers were. Kinda like the stack you showed but I had like no money in it. Even if I had to buy the buckets I think I'd of been in it for7.50. I put my bits and misc. In a bank bag and threw that in the bucket. Since then I just went with tool bags,they don't work any better but it looks better. Nice thing about the buckets was you could snap the lids down and stack them.
Thats a good idea

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I've got this for my drill/impacts. The idea is that chargers goes on top and cord goes through the hole but I just haven't adopted that idea yet.

Attachments

• 20230602_213457.jpg
    20230602_213457.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230602_213520.jpg
    20230602_213520.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 46

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Probably not what you are looking for, but might be an option if you need to be able to get some of each at a glance... I put up some in my shop and so far, so good.

Oooo I like that. I have this home made one right now. I want to up grade and move to the back wall. Might just grab that setup there.

KCKKen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
1985/1978
Truck Model
1500/C20
Engine Size
350/350
Looking for some ideas for power tool storage. Have a full set of dewalt tools, and a full set of metabo tools that are just thrown in the corner of the basement for now. I’m looking for something portable that I can put everything in to organize all the tools and all my bits and accessories. Looking at the craftsman stuff. Anyone here have any experience with them? I keep all my battery stuff inside the house so I don’t want to do a permanent shelf deal. Just want to keep everything together, but still keep it mobile.
I have a set of their similar item (Versa-stack?) that I keep all my supplies for race car wiring work (I do this at several locations, so they have to be portable) and couldn't be happier. It allows me to organize wire, sleeving, and large tools (thermal wire stripper, heat gun, extension cord, power supply, and drill) in separate "boxes". I have smaller containers to hold miscellaneous supplies, and all of them lock together so they're very portable -- with wheels on the bottom case I can get it in and out of the shops easily, and it breaks down so it will fit in the back of my Captiva (think Saturn Vue but Chevrolet)

If this would work for you I'd recommend it.

Take Care,
Ken Snyder
In KCK

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I have a set of their similar item (Versa-stack?) that I keep all my supplies for race car wiring work (I do this at several locations, so they have to be portable) and couldn't be happier. It allows me to organize wire, sleeving, and large tools (thermal wire stripper, heat gun, extension cord, power supply, and drill) in separate "boxes". I have smaller containers to hold miscellaneous supplies, and all of them lock together so they're very portable -- with wheels on the bottom case I can get it in and out of the shops easily, and it breaks down so it will fit in the back of my Captiva (think Saturn Vue but Chevrolet)

If this would work for you I'd recommend it.

Take Care,
Ken Snyder
In KCK
I think I found that same system at my local Lowe’s, on sale for $99. Probably going to pick it up this Friday when I get paid. I don’t need anything top of the line like the Milwaukee pack out, I just want something mobile that can hold everything together neatly. Good to know it’s working well for you.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Oooo I like that. I have this home made one right now. I want to up grade and move to the back wall. Might just grab that setup there.

fyi, been looking at some on Amaswan that are cheap.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Well, when I went to order the craftsman one, they were out of stock at both locations near me. So I went with the Husky one from Home Depot. Now, before the brand nazis come out, I know it’s bottom of the line. But I’m not a professional contractor, just your average homeowner who wants to keep everything organized. It seems well made so far, but it’s a little smaller than I anticipated. I ordered it for in store pickup and didn’t check it out in person before I bought it so thats on me. But I think it’ll fit everything with a little thought and organization.

Last edited:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Success! Everything fit’s except for my impact, which is fine. I don’t mind having it separate since it performs a different function. I may look and see if they have add on boxes that I can fit the impact into. Anyway, the bigger and seldom used stuff is in the big bottom section. My drills and drivers are in the second section, along with bits, blades and grinder wheels. Top section holds the chargers and batteries. My kobalt bit set all but fits nicely on the top. Very happy overall.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
How do you like the Metabo drill/driver? I recently got one of their cordless 1/2" impact guns for tire changes and such on my one ton. Seems like a well made tool and I got a good deal on it because Lowe's was resetting their power tool sections and didn't have space for it.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
How do you like the Metabo drill/driver? I recently got one of their cordless 1/2" impact guns for tire changes and such on my one ton. Seems like a well made tool and I got a good deal on it because Lowe's was resetting their power tool sections and didn't have space for it.
I like it. I would have stuck with dewalt, but my father in law bought me and his son both the metabo set for Christmas. It came with the drill, driver, small sawzall, circular saw, grinder, oscillating tool, and work light. I’ve been very happy with it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe