guys im going to have to get a S10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, there's a guy around here with a 2wd SWB with a 6.2...

hrpc - i will do a little research, i am not entirely sure what would be involved there.
I did a little looking around. It looks like you can use the standard horizontal mounts, but you have to drill another hole in the frame. If that's all, and I decide to do it, I'll go that route. I can make that look OEM. But I think I am going away from the idea anyway. I'd have to do some mods to the 231 to pep it up a bit, and by the time I did that, It would be going against the progress I'd be trying to make. A longer stroke inline 6 would get the job done better I'm thinking. Of course finding a NON integral head unit would be a bitch these days. Then the 6.2 seems can be had a couplel hundred, so might be the best way to go and that is an OEM conversion.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I forgot to mention you have to add another battery in your engine compartment. In my case I need a manual flywheel for the 6.2 and everything else is direct bolt in.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My 85 K10 already has the dual battery trays. Also has the 6.2 hood eblem. If I do it, I'll likely do it in that truck. The dash cluster is also already set up with the Diesel Fuel Only guage and the Glow Plug light. I didn't want my 4x4 to be the Diesel, but I don't care, it'll work. I prefer the 4x4's to be some kind of injected anyway. You get on a steep enough incline with a carb, you can have float bowl problems and motor not run right.

JB1

Reaction score
Damn, I hate TX, and HOston even worse yet. But I might have to go there for awhile anyway. Gas is only $2.79 here, or $2.84 for no ethanol, but you won't get a $17 hr job here. Those jobs are gone.

$17hr?....you can get twice that much here in Houston

again...what do you do?...skills?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Stuff like this is exactly why I'm glad I don't live in a small town. The pay would be lousy and not enough jobs to choose from. I'll take my "city life" any time! :birgits_tiredcoffee

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

More like what I can do cuz of my ailments, bad back and hands. I am supposed to be on disabilty but have refused to do so, so far. But I prolly oughta do it soon. I'd like to be able to work a little while longer rat hole some money. Get a couple of my projects close to complete, get the house modernized, carpet, countertops etc. Then build my 30x40 building in the backyard like I intended to do when I bought this house 12 years ago and have me an at home trans shop in the backyard doing bench jobs. No R&R. My ailments won't allow me to do that on a daily basis anymore, but I can do bench jobs if I had a hoist system to move them around.
Not much I haven't done in my life, but I did not stay with any one thing for more than 5 or 6 years. Got bored easy and changed careers to often. I have built skyscrapers, houses, cars, trucks, motors, transmisisons, applance repair, alignment tech, delivery driver, shuttle bus driver, real estate agent, car salesman, mortgage and personal loan officer, commerical metal stud framing and drywall, computer tech, self employed eBay business, yada yada yada !!! Whudda you want done, I am sure I can do it and if not, I am smart enough to find the resources to get it done. Also been in management with about every job I ever had. I'd like to work in an auto machine shop and learn that side of the auto's. Never got to do that yet. Oh and repoed cars for awhile too, and also worked for a used car lot picking up cars with a tow truck and getting them make ready to put on the lot in the younger days. I better quit typeing cuz I am sure I can think of other thngs I have done too, like worked for Southland Corp in So Cal repairing all the 7-11's with whatever they needed done from tile to roof, to asphault in the parking lot, crash poles, car stops, line stripping painting etc. Also built a couple Drug Emporiums, Marriott Hotels.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Damn...I thought I was bad going from mechanic to 3rd grade teacher to mortician and waiter(ess).......Jack of all trades right there. :waytogo: With rheumatoid arthritis, I do try to keep moving.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
i found a 83 ford ranger diesel for 650$ it needs nothing except a driver Perkins 4cyl diesel 4spd manual standard cab has power steering and manual brakes good tires and new brake pads and shoes 170,000 miles

found a 87 Isuzu pup diesel for 2500 runs great 219,000 miles
4cyl turbo diesel 5 spd ext cab new tires, brake shoes, brake pads, rotors, drums new exhaust, tune up and headlights
all fluids changed

the ford gets 43 mpg highway and the Isuzu gets 37
not bad.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hahaha, and I didn't even mention several jobs, like being licensed Process Server/PI officer of the courts. I know I left out several. The very worst thing about it, and I hate about it. #1, I don't care what goes wrong with my friends and family, I am the one that gets the calls to fix whatever issue they may have. #2, you ever been around someone that thinks they know everything??? Well, I have too and I don't like people like that, and many times, I catch myself having to shut the hell up cuz I know that's what people are thinking of me. And its just not true. I have had many experiences and can share alot, but I do not consider myself and expert at anything. So even though I'd like to advise or help someone, I just find it best to stay shut up or I'll look like the know all *******.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OH, and I've never been a dragster. I'd make an ugly bitch though. And no, I like a little excitment, so pulling blood out of stiffs and churning up the guts is not something I'd NOT pursue. Although, I had considered working for the local Funeral home driving around their squarebody burb picking up bodies at the hospitals and homes when the deceased need to be taken the funeral home for arrangments to be carried out.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
haha, we had a squarebody hears back in the day, just seen pics of it though.

Boss is a diehard Cadillac man...He has old ones, new ones, big ones and small ones. He just got a CTS-V coupe, has a 10 second CTS-V sedan and I don't think I could completely list his old ones.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i found a 83 ford ranger diesel for 650$ it needs nothing except a driver Perkins 4cyl diesel 4spd manual standard cab has power steering and manual brakes good tires and new brake pads and shoes 170,000 miles

found a 87 Isuzu pup diesel for 2500 runs great 219,000 miles
4cyl turbo diesel 5 spd ext cab new tires, brake shoes, brake pads, rotors, drums new exhaust, tune up and headlights
all fluids changed

the ford gets 43 mpg highway and the Isuzu gets 37
not bad.

Gosh dang it, don't make me say it, but of the 2, the Ranger is a better truck than that Izoohoo Pup. Those are crappy ass chassis and fall apart bigtime. I'd have to go with the Ford if I had to choose between those 2. The Perkins is a good diesel too. Probably so is the Izusu, but the truck chassis itself is junk. Same as Chevy Luv if that means anything to you.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I may have missed it in this thread somewhere but once you get your lil truck what are doing with your 78 that you just bought? Also, did you end up buying that 64 a few weeks ago?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
He isn't getting rid of his 78, but gonna have a little truck for daily driving. RIGHT??? RIGHT??? I sure hope he answers the right way, or he might just have an ass kicking coming. :buttkick: I'll be right behind O77 to make sure it happens.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size