Door Strikers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
And that's very important !!! At least the white matches my K1500. :roflbow:

:waytogo:

And if there is blue that should keep Old77 from complaining. :Moon:

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
You can get white blue and red for any size..

http://www.pexsupply.com/PEX-Tubing-516000

I just did radiant heat and a new boiler at my house. Since it is a low temp boiler, I went with PEX tubing, and colored the cold return blue, and hot water from the boiler with red.

Makes it much easier to troubleshoot water flow issues..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You can get white blue and red for any size..

http://www.pexsupply.com/PEX-Tubing-516000

I just did radiant heat and a new boiler at my house. Since it is a low temp boiler, I went with PEX tubing, and colored the cold return blue, and hot water from the boiler with red.

Makes it much easier to troubleshoot water flow issues..

That makes alot more sense than designate sizes. :High 5:

So I bet you have a couple 3/4 inch pieces handy to take care of your doors. :waytogo:

StuB

Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Red and Blue are common to what I've seen in homes. I do beleive the Red and the Blue just depict the size of the pex whether it be 1/2 or 3/4 and then there is white obviously, and I think black is 1 inch but not common in households. I'm not positive on the colors thing, but yes its colored too.

Maybe the red PEX is for the hot side and blue for cold ? Either way....fixing a part instead of just replacing it is way mores satisfying to me, so I love this PEX idea.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Maybe the red PEX is for the hot side and blue for cold ? Either way....fixing a part instead of just replacing it is way mores satisfying to me, so I love this PEX idea.

Yup, as posted above that makes much more sense, and would explain why they don't come in green, orange etc. I guess yellow could be the line to the terlet as Archie Bunker calls a toilet.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You don't even have to unscrew the bolt if you do the pex slip over. It takes all of 15 minutes to do 2 doors. It will take you longer to go to Lowes or Home Depot to get the stick of plumbing. For me its not a matter of the work, its the matter of funds. Sure its only $10 a new strike or $20 per truck, but I have 4 trucks, so instead of spending $80 + shipping, I'll spend the $3 and do all the trucks in a matter of 30 minutes.

I didn't replace my strikes. That's not somthine I really care what it looks like. I was ordering some other stuff, and just tossed in $2 for the two bushings. Since my truck didn't come w/int trim, it only took me about 2 min. per door. To each his own though. Since the default color was gray, and my truck is also, that worked out for me too.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
all 6 doors done,love the noise they make when i shut them had already used PB lube on all hinges now the barn doors sound a bank vault closing

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
all 6 doors done,love the noise they make when i shut them had already used PB lube on all hinges now the barn doors sound a bank vault closing

Huge difference instantly isn't it?? Actually quite mind blowing for such a nusience that is such a cheap easy fix.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
Yeah now i know how many rattles i had wife asked what was wrong with Chubs ,she said the damn thing got real quite...couldn't help but laugh.

You don't know how much it rattles until you do your fix...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

You mean you pex'd the 4 front doors and lubed the barn doors, right? :think:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
I did the pex thing to the front 4 doors and i took a piece of advice from another poster i have this black duct tape its called gorilla duct tape stuff is unreal so the metal latch that bolt to the bottom of the body for the barn doors develop wear spots on the round part,three wraps of this serious duct tape and wow even with that the doors go thunk solid as a rock....lol.....:patriot:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I did the pex thing to the front 4 doors and i took a piece of advice from another poster i have this black duct tape its called gorilla duct tape stuff is unreal so the metal latch that bolt to the bottom of the body for the barn doors develop wear spots on the round part,three wraps of this serious duct tape and wow even with that the doors go thunk solid as a rock....lol.....:patriot:

So you've not even been a here a month and thru all the fun and games, its paid off hasn't it??? Such a minor cheap fix but its like driving a completely different vehicle now huh??? Hang out a bit, we just might learn you some other tricks too. It comes at a cost though. Now you have to take all of us for a ride in Chubs !!! :laughing1:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
No ****? You put that tape on all 3 latches in the back? Mine rattle like a bastard.... :hmm:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'll see how they do after I fix that rear cross pan thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes