New door lock cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermu97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jermu
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban
Engine Size
6.2l
Hi,

As it happens my truck is old. 34 at this point and you can really see and feel that in the door lock cylinders. Now, buying new cylinders ain't no problem for a truck, but my truck happens to be a suburban and so far after endless scrolling, I have not found a cylinder kit for burbans. Of course I could buy a set of two and then a single one, but the problem is, I want to have a single key for the doors. What have all y'all burb people done to get by? Just live with separate keys? Get picky with a lockpicking smith, also known as a locksmith? I'm just tired of having a truck you can break into with a tine from a rake and I also only have one set of keys to the truck, so I have no backup key in case I lose the keys or lock them inside the truck.

Plz halp

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Take the third lock to a locksmith and have them re key it for the key set you want!
And once that's done, they can make you some more keys! I keep a spare set to the crew cab in my pocket, and I have a spare key for the Burb when we use it. Saved my behind a few times.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
And once that's done, they can make you some more keys! I keep a spare set to the crew cab in my pocket, and I have a spare key for the Burb when we use it. Saved my behind a few times.
LMMFAO, what are you trying to say :happy175:

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Just out of curiosity ... Is your Suburban Barn Door or Endgate ?

I just bought a set for my Blazer from GMC Pauls Truck Parts in which had the doors and the Endgate and it came with the two sets of keys .. Two with GM marked and two with no markings.

I had previously purchased the Ignition Key cylinder and it will be original Square Key and Separate and the Door / Endgate will be Oval Head.

See what you can find on this page .

With a Barn Door ...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Jermu97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jermu
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban
Engine Size
6.2l
Just out of curiosity ... Is your Suburban Barn Door or Endgate ?

I just bought a set for my Blazer from GMC Pauls Truck Parts in which had the doors and the Endgate and it came with the two sets of keys .. Two with GM marked and two with no markings.

I had previously purchased the Ignition Key cylinder and it will be original Square Key and Separate and the Door / Endgate will be Oval Head.

See what you can find on this page .

With a Barn Door ...

You must be registered for see images attach

Well hot dog buckaroo, I do believe you just made my problem disappear! I got barn doors and that's exactly what I've been looking for. Now the only question mark is shipping costs, what is this "GMC Pauls truck parts" shop, some small company apparently?

Jermu97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jermu
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban
Engine Size
6.2l
Well that was short lived

"Orders only accepted from within the continental USA

WE NO LONGER ACCEPT ANY ORDERS FROM OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL USA "

Heck. Oh well, I'm broke anyway after our summer vacation, gonna take another look at this after the summer when I can finally afford to eat something better than macaroni and ketchup...

rwjtexas

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Yes, GMCPauls is a small shop and has been used by many members on this webpage I believe and other members on other Webpages I am on such as CK5 Network. I have heard positive reviews on them.

When I got my set the keys did not appear to be cut the same, and I called them because I did not want to open the packaging in case I had to return it ... They told me to go ahead while I was on the phone with them and to verify that everything worked. If it did not, the would ship me another one and I could return the damaged set.

Fortunately, everything was perfect so a happy ending.

I checked on our USPS and found out they will mail to Finland. Look it up on the internet and it showed about 4 lbs for under $30.00 ... the set you may want is less weight than that.

If you want some help, I would consider buying the exact part and having it shipped to myself in Texas and then shipping to you in Finland.

Tell me the specific part number you want and I will see about getting you a total price.

I can do Paypal and Zelle in USD.

If your are interested... get back....

Best of Luck ...

khamill2000

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There's a locksmith on eBay that sells exactly what you need. I had him make keyed alike ignition and door locks for my 4 squares and my OBS. 1 key fits all 5. Every lock. When I bought the last one I messaged him about keying it the same and it was no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507