Zombie Defense / Assault Vehicle Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OK Preppers !!! Let's hear all the idea for a Zombie Apocalypse Survival Vehicle.

Here's a start from Retro's Salvage Thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ZombieAssVehicle1.JPG
    ZombieAssVehicle1.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 570
  • ZombieAssVehicle2.JPG
    ZombieAssVehicle2.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 528

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've already decided it needs a hatch cut in the roof so you can stand up and shoot Zombies in the head as they're approaching.

Also can't be a barn doors models. Needs to be a rear tailgate with power sliding glass so you can shoot out the back window. :laughing1:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Hhmmm, I say leave the barn doors but add plexy glass window with cutouts for shooting, more bars on the windows, paint it olive drab green.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bullet proof tires like what the military has,with automatic inflate attachements,like what the military has,did I mention"like what the military has".:gunner::rotflmao:

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
Needs:

You must be registered for see images attach

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
My wife and I are avid Zombie movie and walking dead fans and we talk about this all the time while on the road in my '87

Must haves:
Quad Cab: so you can have plenty of people and stuff
Long bed: so you can put an ATV in the back of it for scouting runs and still have room for supplies and ammo
6 inch lift and all terrain tires.
Brush guard and winch.
Roof rack: For water and fuel
DIESEL: better MPG under load, power and would be in easier supply because every semi and 18 wheeler on the highway would have tons of it and everyone else won't be after it.
Small Suburu generator: in case you need electricity, they are very quiet.

... but I haven't thought too much about it ;)

Basically, I would have this but painted flat grey
You must be registered for see images attach

Boondock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 cu. in. (5.7L)
DIESEL: better MPG under load, power and would be in easier supply because every semi and 18 wheeler on the highway would have tons of it and everyone else won't be after it.

Honestly, this is such a brilliant point. Never thought about it that way. I'm always thinking about this though. Would love to drive my truck in a zombie apocalypse. ^_^

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I actually did think of the Diesel thing already. Cuz mpg will be a concern of course, and having to carry extra in cans probably, so being Diesel is not flammable or as volitile, it's safer to carry. You can usually find Diesel at any oil rg drilling site too in an above ground storage contatiner. So it would be nice to be Diesel, but that's biggo bucks to get a good Cummins conversion and with the track record of the 6.2 I'd hate to put my life on it's dependence where as a Cummins I would.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Another part of my plan, since I have that 4.10 front axle with the ARB Air Locker, I'll run that 4.10 axle in the Zombie mobile, so I'll always have access to air for tires too, and maybe even figure out a way for a small air tank and be able to use an Impact Wrench or Air Ratchet for short quick tire change or repair roadside. Detroit Locker 4.10 14b FF in the rear end, and the 10b converted to 8 Lug with 4.10/4.11 ARB Air Locker in the front. That bitch should go anywhere I need to go with a TRUE 4 wheel drive.

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt
I actually did think of the Diesel thing already. Cuz mpg will be a concern of course, and having to carry extra in cans probably, so being Diesel is not flammable or as volitile, it's safer to carry. You can usually find Diesel at any oil rg drilling site too in an above ground storage contatiner. So it would be nice to be Diesel, but that's biggo bucks to get a good Cummins conversion and with the track record of the 6.2 I'd hate to put my life on it's dependence where as a Cummins I would.

There is also the option of a pneumatic starter and you can get an air compressor between the block and power steering pump. No electricity at all during nuclear attack and with a tank you could plug motherfuckers with a nail gun!!

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
My buddy has got a York compressor and all the mounting brackets to mount it on a 350 and feeds a thirty gallon air tank. That should be able to power most air tools.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There is also the option of a pneumatic starter and you can get an air compressor between the block and power steering pump. No electricity at all during nuclear attack and with a tank you could plug motherfuckers with a nail gun!!

My buddy has got a York compressor and all the mounting brackets to mount it on a 350 and feeds a thirty gallon air tank. That should be able to power most air tools.

I wouldn't mind a motor driven compressor at all. Of course ARB Compressors are Electric. The ARB unit doesn't care where the air comes from as long as it's there to hold the actuator engaged.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The other thing I was concerned about, I was thinking of using my A833 4 speed OD trans in this vehicle since I'd be running low 4.10's prolly on 33's with a 4in lift and will need the OD to be able to book it out of dodge. Don't really want to run a 700r4 that isn't near as durable, but then again, A Zombie mobile prolly needs to be Automatic incase I'd need to be driving and shooting at the same time. So here are my trans/tcase options I have in my possesion right now.

A833/NP208 4 speed manual w OD/Aluminum Case chain driven Tcase
700r4/NP208 4 Speed Auto w OD/ Aluminum Case chain driven Tcae.
Th350/NP205 3 Speed Auto NO OD/Cast Iron Tcase Gear Driven (Very Durable but no OD)

I do also have a 3.73 14b Full Float I can put the Detroit Locker in that I have for it, and I do also have a Detroit Locker for a 10bolt Front with 3.73's. Could do the 3.73's and Detroit Auto Lockers Front and Rear, but then no need for AIR Tanks That might work OK with NO OD and 33in tires. Stil wouldn't be driving no 100mph. Maybe 75-80mph.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The other thing I was concerned about, I was thinking of using my A833 4 speed OD trans in this vehicle since I'd be running low 4.10's prolly on 33's with a 4in lift and will need the OD to be able to book it out of dodge. Don't really want to run a 700r4 that isn't near as durable, but then again, A Zombie mobile prolly needs to be Automatic incase I'd need to be driving and shooting at the same time. So here are my trans/tcase options I have in my possesion right now.

Th350/NP205 3 Speed Auto NO OD/Cast Iron Tcase Gear Driven (Very Durable but no OD)

I do also have a 3.73 14b Full Float I can put the Detroit Locker in that I have for it, and I do also have a Detroit Locker for a 10bolt Front with 3.73's. Could do the 3.73's and Detroit Auto Lockers Front and Rear, but then no need for AIR Tanks That might work OK with NO OD and 33in tires. Stil wouldn't be driving no 100mph. Maybe 75-80mph.

Quad Track,YEAH MAN.:Big Laugh::lol::waytogo:

wildcatjason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
cummins 3.9 4bt

One word.... Allison. I guess there goes totally mechanical vehicle.
Then you need to have your built in cooler of knock off twinkles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP