Yukon Posi vs Detroit TruTrack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I read people saying the grizzly locker would spit teeth on a big tire, big hp app.
My 4.3 makes like, 2-250hp, and im running 39.5x15 wide boggers on it. Its not enough ass to bust anything.

I see no value in a truetrac in a offroad app. And im naturally offroad minded, i would personally only run a detroit in a big tire, big HP, big axle offroad application, like my k5 with a 502, 53" tires, and 5 tons. (I have one in the front axle)

Putting a detroit in 10 bolt seems suicidal might as well weld the spider gears and save yourself the money, its gonna break anyways

Since I'm running a D44 in the front any sort of locker would just be asking for trouble. So that is why I put in a truetrac. It will allow a difference in tire speed as traction is found or lost. Also can always steer. A lot of my offroading is on snow. Lockers make life difficult on off camber roads/trails. And since I have the flexible ORD front springs and no sway bar it is very unlikely I will be pulling a tire up off the ground.

I did put in chromoly shafts- and probably within a year I'll upgrade again to some RCV shafts... In the last few years running with a local offroad club everyone assumed I had front and rear "real" lockers. I was doing better than most of the jeeps with the same tire size. They were shocked when they heard I ran a truetrac.

I've only wished once I had an Eaton E-locker in the front instead.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20