WTB 700R4 to replace '85 C20 longbed TH350 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krcaddis

Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm looking for a good usable 700R4 '88-92 to replace my good running TH350 in my 85 C20 long bed 2WD. Easiest exchange is '88-92. 9" tailshaft and whatever else is generally required. I don't know all what else is needed I hope- cable, etc. I have a fresh Holley 4 BBL on it, so I want to keep that. I'll have a shop do the work. A partial trade would be great for someone wants a great 41k low mileage (since new!) TH350.

Preferably within reasonable driving distance to central coast area Calif. (SF.LA, Fresno, etc. are OK). I just had a crate 350 installed and the shadetree's helper managed to FU the NEW front tranny seal, so fluid practically runs directly to the ground. First 40 miles took 3 pints ATF.

Anyway, I will need a new front seal so I might as replace with a 4 speed auto.

There's so much information/advice on forums i'shard for me to keep it straight, so I looking for a seller who knows what all I'm trying to get. Hopefully.I'm looking for a good usable 700R4 '88-92 to replace my good running TH350 in my 85 C20 long bed 2WD. Easiest exchange is '88-92. 9" tailshaft and whatever else is generally required. I don't know all what else is needed I hope- cable, etc. I have a fresh Holley 4 BBL on it, so I want to keep that. I'll have a shop do the work. A partial trade would be great for someone wants a great 41k low mileage (since new!) TH350.

Preferably within reasonable driving distance to central coast area Calif. (SF.LA, Fresno, etc. are OK). I just had a crate 350 installed and the shadetree's helper managed to FU the NEW front tranny seal, so fluid practically runs directly to the ground. First 40 miles took 3 pints ATF.

Anyway, I will need a new front seal so I might as replace with a 4 speed auto.

There's so much information/advice on forums i'shard for me to keep it straight, so I looking for a seller who knows what all I'm trying to get. Hopefully.

PS! How do I ge to a place to start a new post to the proper forum (like WTB or For Sale)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pasturepilot