Won't be dealing with you guys anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Placed an order for a 4l80e for my LS k10. Current trans is a 96 80e, so I placed an order for one from a 96 k2500.

Well, a few days later they give me a call saying that because I was honest and actually gave the VIN for the K10 instead of a k2500, they won't warranty the trans.

What kind of crap is that? What difference does it make? I have the correct core, and it's not like the trans cares what truck it's in.

So be warned guys...lie about what you need so they won't question you.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
That sucks! Anything to get out of doing warranty work.

RockAuto

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
First Name
RockAuto
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
5.4L
Placed an order for a 4l80e for my LS k10. Current trans is a 96 80e, so I placed an order for one from a 96 k2500.

Well, a few days later they give me a call saying that because I was honest and actually gave the VIN for the K10 instead of a k2500, they won't warranty the trans.

What kind of crap is that? What difference does it make? I have the correct core, and it's not like the trans cares what truck it's in.

So be warned guys...lie about what you need so they won't question you.

Hello,
If you would like me to look into your specific order situation you are welcome to send me a PM with the order number. Without further details regarding the situation I am unable to comment on this specific order.

Thank you,

www.RockAuto.com

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I'd do that if I were AJ. Go ahead and email them the Order # and let them check into it. You might be jumping the gun here. I know I've done similar things at Auto Zone and O'Reily's. Giving the wrong year make and model of a vehicle to get a part. Like a Torque converter, for a Th350 when 85K10's did NOT come with Th350's. I'm sure you gave the 96 K2500 VIN to be sure you got the right transmission for that application. They don't know that you're retrofitting a vehicle. When it came time for warranty on a lifetime part, I had forgotten what I told them it was off of and I could not remember my old phone #. Eventually after some work getting the store manager involved, and they verified some purchases under my new phone # and knew I actually had the vehicle I said it was on and why I gave the wrong info, they handled it.

If that's the way they track the warranty is by VIN #, which they probably do since the warranty is likely for the Original Purchaser and possibly transferable, in the Original Vehicle ONLY then that's where the issue lies. That is pretty common for big item purchases like transmissions, long blocks or crate motors. I'd imagine RA is just following protocol for their supplier of Reman Transmissions. I'd say at least give them the opportunity to see if they can work it out.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Also they never know if some idiot is going to put an electronic controlled trans into their old truck with no way to control it, then try driving it all around and toasting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31