Ever dealt with GM crate motor warranty replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Olegmbuilder

Reaction score
First Name
Esteve
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
I have no experience to speak of with GM Performance warranty claims but I suspect there is little hope. I have had enough bad experiences with other warrantys where I was in fact still in the covered period.

I waited as long as I could to order my GM Performance crate motor, so I would have the warranty coverage as long as possible. Well as usual everything in the build took way longer than I expected. So my crate motor now has about 60 miles on it but is now 3 years out of warranty. And in the meantime the price of the motor has doubled. So here's hoping to no issues.
If its expired its expired GM will not honor, it. Been there done that, And had to salvage parts and rebuild the engine from scratch. If any engine was built during the Covid lock down I would immediately send it back to wherever you bought it from.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
You mean Comprehensive insurance coverage right? Not compression.
Yes, that's right I must have fumbled a letter or was just tired. I assume spell check did that for me.... I really didn't get into how comprehensive insurance has saved my butt.

In the mid-90's I owned a 88 Olds Delta 88, I was a 1,000 mile from home and put a hole in the gas tank when a piece of rebar got flung under the car on the highway. I could have had that repaired locally and paid for if I'd had comprehensive inside I spent $1,400 just getting it home.

So I learned. Since then I had a Toyota pickup totalled out when a tree came down on the farm in wind storm and crushed it. Another time I got a new roof on an RV when a tree branch went though it. Comprehensive is cheap for old vehicles as well.

I'm with Allstate and have good driving record. 6mnts of comprehensive coverage on my square is $76.00.

midwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Having something external cause damage to your vehicle is understandable. Never heard of anyone's insurance covering a mechanical failure itself. I think if there was a failure that caused more damage, such as going down the road and your driveshaft falls out and tears a hole in the bed, I could see them fixing the bed. But if you just have a mechanical failure alone, insurance companies would be broke if they covered those.

WebMonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
friend of mine bought new, one of those small 4 door ford trucks.
beautiful looking and riding.

a/c went out.

first thing i asked was warranty?

he had driven out of the warranty in less than 2 years!
over 60k, wow

out of warranty on any factor is out of warranty is what happened to him
:(

i wish you good luck with the repair/replace
'monkey

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef