Wish me luck….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
@Grit dog
Hello GD! I hope all is well.
That is a nice looking Stepside.

You are keeping us in suspense GD!
Did that Pretty Lil' Amber Blonde follow you home?

Have a great weekend.
Best wishes to you and all of your loved ones always!

Dryriver1

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well no dice. Felt really bad for the lady selling it. She’d been spending money on it to get it roadworthy and was going to have it restored for her son a few years ago. He wanted a ricer. But it was for the best.
The truck had good bones but it needed basically everything except the drivetrain aft of the engine. Ran like a bag of dicks on about 5 cylinders and I was afraid to stare at the balancer too long in case it came flying off.
Claimed interior was mint (dash and seat). They looked like every other old squarebody that sat in a field for 20 years.
Very sad deal for her. I brought a tow bar in case but it almost needed it to come back from down the block.
Bottom line it’s a solid resto candidate if someone wanted to get into it. But nothing like described.
I woulda been pretty upset but it was a 2 for trip to the Couv.
Came home with a Bitchin Camaro. 65k miles. Never been out of the garage, base 6 banger 5 speed, 85-90mph all the way home at I figure about 25mpg!
Gonna be the kids commuter car next year. Did the math and it’ll burn about $2500 less gas than the Durango between now and next summer. He commutes about 80 mi round trip 4x a week to Seattle plus driving to school etc.
It’s as minty as a 1999 anything could be unless it was never driven.
Needs a new strut or 2 (right front one is pooched) and literally nothing else. 13 year old tires and 14 year old battery all in good condition!
You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Btw she would take $4k for the truck. Body wise needs a fender, door and minor rocker patching and cab mount bushings. It wasn’t exactly a happy Oregon truck but it is far from a rust bucket. Trans tcase axles all solid and it would run down the road with either some enginenfixin or a motor and some minor brake work.
If someone was set on that truck it wouldn’t be the worst deal. Just not for me. I just thought it was gonna be a deal.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I was hoping this truck would be nice enough to flip with minimal effort, although visions of a lifted short bed stepper were going thru my brain for a bit. Was hoping to boost the bank of grit dog a little with it.
There’s another truck I actually want, will see how that goes.
Think original miles/condition big block Big 10….

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
When the anti-lock brake module goes, you'll be a different mind on the C' Maro.
$1500.00 to repair...
Drive it and sell it asap, before your son ruins the fragile POS or LS3 it, and be THE MAN.
$1200.00 for the wierd truck would have been a good deal...

Sounds like you almost got sucked into helping her finish her build for her son...
Run Forrest (AKA: GritDog) Run....

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Btw she would take $4k for the truck. Body wise needs a fender, door and minor rocker patching and cab mount bushings. It wasn’t exactly a happy Oregon truck but it is far from a rust bucket. Trans tcase axles all solid and it would run down the road with either some enginenfixin or a motor and some minor brake work.
If someone was set on that truck it wouldn’t be the worst deal. Just not for me. I just thought it was gonna be a deal.
If that was in PA id do it. Quick engine swap n go.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When the anti-lock brake module goes, you'll be a different mind on the C' Maro.
$1500.00 to repair...
Drive it and sell it asap, before your son ruins the fragile POS or LS3 it, and be THE MAN.
$1200.00 for the wierd truck would have been a good deal...

Sounds like you almost got sucked into helping her finish her build for her son...
Run Forrest (AKA: GritDog) Run....
I don’t follow a bit of what you’re saying….I’ll chalk it up to you’re drunk or some other unintentional weirdness….

Last edited:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If that was in PA id do it. Quick engine swap n go.
Oh yeah. It was/is a legit minimal rust truck and would fetch $4k or maybe more in the rust belt. All day long. Heck it wasn’t even the rust that bothered me. It wasn’t worse than what I could see in the pics and wasn’t horrible even for here.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Looked like a cool truck, but there is always the unknowns of buying used. With some work it would make a nice camping rig, or all around cool truck, but that will be for someone else to dump money into to make it right. Nice Camaro, though.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Dang, that looked like a cool little stepper. I even dig the weird camper. That Camaro is a perfect candidate for your son though. Buddy of mine in HS and college drove a '97 sixxer all those years and some more with minimal issues. He loved that car and his mom still has it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast