Wiring using stock cluster for racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erichl504

Reaction score
First Name
Erich
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have an 84 c10 that has electrical gauges that I'd like to use instead of buying new ones. My question is if I rip out the old wiring harness to go with a simple race harnes would I still be able to use the stock cluster? If so how would I go about that. I know it has tach, oil press, water temp, and volts. So what all would I need??

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Just need the sending unit wires for oil pressure, volt meter and water temperature. Other than that you need a positive and a ground which can be shared between each gauge. If you look at the printed circuit on the back of the cluster you can trace the positive and negative and figure out that every gauge gets fed.

Erichl504

Reaction score
First Name
Erich
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks, all I plan on using is the gauges, I have a schematic but still hard to understand. I'm getting a painless 12 circuit pro series harness and im going to run a switch panel with key ignition, and switches for lights, electric fan, fuel pump, lights.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I would like to do this to mine, dedicate it to race level and simplify things. Makes it harder for someone to steal it if they get in it and nothing is set up like they expect it either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckboy_17