wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
How does the rest of our trucks/burbs get power from the battery? When there are only 2 wires coming off the positive post on the battery and 2/3 coming off the negative post to grounds. I have a 1 wire alternator so that accounts for one of the two and the other is going straight down to the starter solenoid. As far as I can recall the starter only had 2 wires on it, power from battery and signal(ignition switch) wire. I could only find information about a Battery Junction Box, but I figured that was just the fuse box under the dash. I have a box on my firewall that my trailer brakes is connected to along with a few other wires. Is that the junction box they speak of? I assume it is a constant 12v source though.

I only ask is because of my ECM delete and no need for all those wires anymore. I clipped a majority of them minus 4 wires. Red wire that has a fuse near the end of it, Pink wire that went to the coil and is my source for the HEI power, alternator wires which I do not need anymore with a 1 wire alternator now, and I believe it is a purple wire that goes to the starter.

What am I missing?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I think you're good. Just make sure that both the red wires that pass through the FW transit are always hot - however you do that is not really important. And, you already have the pink (coil primary) and purple (solenoid power) figured out. All that is really left will be wiring to the gauge senders:

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh - the red lead with the fuse is probably to an OEM trailer package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade