Wiring harness question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Sounds like he is talking about the TPS....it may be the round style plug. there is a slim chance it has the later IAC too. there really is no way to tell by year. For some reason they put the newer stuff on some, and the older stuff on others.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Sounds like he is talking about the TPS....it may be the round style plug. there is a slim chance it has the later IAC too. there really is no way to tell by year. For some reason they put the newer stuff on some, and the older stuff on others.

You are correct Jin, after some research it is the tps, are these interchangeable or should I change the throttle body? Or could I splice the connecter in? Thanks again!

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Tps problem resolved. Just rewired connector. Getting down to the nitty gritty. I have to replace the low oil/fuel shutoff sensor also, only wish I'd have noticed it was slightly different before dropping engine because it does not look easy to get to.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Tps problem resolved. Just rewired connector. Getting down to the nitty gritty. I have to replace the low oil/fuel shutoff sensor also, only wish I'd have noticed it was slightly different before dropping engine because it does not look easy to get to.

Good deal, thats exactly what I was going to suggest.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good job :)

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
It lives!!!! Started and sounds great, smooth idle and good pickup. Now off to the parts store for antifreeze and tranny fluid. Thanks everyone for the help. It's been a while since I've turned wrenches and forgot a lot.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hooray!!!! :High 5: :popcorn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It lives!!!! Started and sounds great, smooth idle and good pickup. Now off to the parts store for antifreeze and tranny fluid. Thanks everyone for the help. It's been a while since I've turned wrenches and forgot a lot.

:waytogo: So true. You don't do it awhile, you do tend to forget stuff. Being here though does job my mind and bring alot of it back. Hopefully when it comes to turning wrenches I'll remember most of it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
And a BIG thanks to Jimbo for coming out of hibernation for a little bit and being a big help. :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And a BIG thanks to Jimbo for coming out of hibernation for a little bit and being a big help. :)

Yup !!! He needs to get his Burb back home.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Wow, I had completely forgot to change the computer out. Did that today but no real noticeable difference. What differences do they make for 305 vs 350? In leaving the correct one in just didn't notice any real change. I also forgot square bodies have the tendency to run out if gas before E. Changed out the computer and ran it for a while and then started cutting out and died. Freaked me out so I put the 305 comp back in and still no luck. Put a couple of gallons of gas back in it and purrs again. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman