Wiper washer won't stop and I have no intermittent wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk T

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
5.0 V-8
I have a 1985 truck and I put in a new multi function switch just to "spruce up" the interior a bit. The truck originally came with intermittent wipers but they don't work. The PO spliced a ground wire into the pink wire on the wiper washer pump and as long as the ignition switch is on, the washer pump runs so I disconnected the ground. There is a white hot wire and a pink wire to the pump so I don't know why the PO would splice into the pink wire.

Any suggestions on why I have no washer and no intermittent wipers, only real slow LO and HI. Is this a common problem?

Thank you

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 Stroker to 383 with a 400 crank, Crane Cam, Q-Jet, single 3.5" exhaust..
NOTICE --> Zombie resurrection .....
I lost the intermittent control module on my '86 K5 and I even found a used module but it too had the same problem ..
Low and HIGH only and the intermittent part would not work.

Several people told me that the capacitors on the circuit board were questionable as they thought they were swollen and that would make the module not work correctly.

I decided to just reflow the solder and it fixed it. Yeah .... I was surprised too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke