Windshield Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Interesting. I used a gasket with a separate lock strip. Maybe that's why it fit tight?

The hardest part of my install was getting both ends of the lock strip in at the bottom center of the windshield, with the little clip on it. I had to roll around on my hood like a bikini model covered in suds. If I'd have been afraid to do that, I don't think I'd have got that little clip installed.
I would REALLY like to see pics of said maneuvers on the hood!!!!!!.........lol

Albrigap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I bought mine for a 90 Suburban last summer for $89.00 from Auto Body Specialties out of Sioux Falls, SD. Tinted on top, no antennae and a rear view mirror. If I can buy for this price, you should get close, in your area. It took me less than an hour to put it in with the tool to install the center seal lock. Used the old gasket and have no leaks. Used a lot of spray silicone and it slid right in. I used to carry them out of Safelite for less than $100.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well there’s one vote against the integrated lock strip version, @Randy De Oreo!
I actually considered that but wanted a chrome lock strip. (Which I subsequently dinged up with the tool in a few spots.)

This is definitely one of those “way easier the second time” type of repairs, IMO.
I doo like the idea of sealant after install before lock strip, method, though.
Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef