Wilwood bolt in twin piston calipers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Correct. You don't need to change to rotors either. I just wanted them to match the rear.
And what's the ballpark price.?..(sorry too lazy to look it up)

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Awesome. I've always wondered if they were much improvement over stock. It's good to hear from someone that has run them.

I just put some powerstop drilled/slotted rotors on mine. I think they were about 130 from rock auto. I mainly did it for looks and I honestly haven't wailed on the brakes to see if they helped. The fact that someone else paid for them helped me go ahead an buy them lol.

These dual portion calipers are next on my upgrade list but again mainly for better looks. I think my ole truck stops pretty dang good for what is now...

morrow07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
1977 - 1989
Truck Model
Cheyenne - V2500
Engine Size
406 - 350
You can pick up a set of calipers with pads out the door for just under $400 including shipping. The Baer rotors are about $150/piece, and I had the hats powder coated semi gloss black. I only did that because the rears only Wilwood kit are already black on the hat. Like I said you do not have to change the rotors.

You get a lot of people that bag on them and say the stock calipers are just as good if not better. Truth is, the stock brakes for these trucks were actually pretty good. But, like I said before with repeated stopping these just seem to keep performing, where my factory brakes did not have that same ability to avoid fading. And they weigh significantly less then the stock D52's

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
O.k. Does anyone know which stock GM 2 piston calipers will fit on a 75 1/2 ton ...I'll continue to look through the threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkorich