Will this fit that??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vic Araujo

Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10
Engine Size
I have a chance to get an original 350 TBI motor. Its from a 92 Cadillac. Will it work in my 87 R10?? Can I use the ECM from my truck the one that came with the Cadillac?? Thanks all

BillK

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
It looks like the Caddy engine has a hydraulic roller cam as compared to yours being flat tappet. I dont know if there is enough difference in the cam specs that your ecm shouldnt be able to compensate ? Otherwise it should all bolt in and hook up ok. Worse case you might have to swap the intake from your truck to the Caddy engine ? Or maybe just the throttle body.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The L05 was introduced in 1987 for use in Chevrolet/GMC trucks in the GMT400 (introduced in April 1987 as 1988 models) and the R/V series trucks such as the K5 Blazer, Suburban, and rounded-era pickups formerly classed as the C/K until 1991 which includes chassis cabs and 4-door crew cabs. The L05 was also used in the G van models and the P30 step vans. Additionally, the L05 was used in 9C1-optioned police package Caprices, and in the following vehicles:

combustion chambers) cylinder heads with swirled intake ports - the intake ports were designed for fuel economy (the design was also shared with the 103 heads used on the 4.3L with TBI). The swirl ports (known to GM as a vortex chamber) along with the irregular shape of the combustion chambers limit the airflow and horsepower output where they did not provide a fast burn, later phased in with the 1996 Vortec heads. A majority of the L05s used with the trucks and vans had conventional flat tappet camshafts, while the Caprice 9C1 (1989–93) had a roller cam. L05 usage was replaced by the LT1 after 1993 in GM B-Bodies and D-Bodies until production ceased in 1996.

per wiki

if the computer is the same between caddy and truck, just use the PROM for the donor vehicle so the running is right. the trucks were very hands-off electronically until the late 90s with integration and cadillac should have been knee deep in additional modules, but the engine parameters me thinks would still be standlone PCM of the time with removeable prom.
but i could be wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes