Why do older cars smell different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I work in a shop that does a lot of work on old carburetor cars and I completely agree. I think some are WAY to rich.
I use ozium or lysol spray.Keep the windows cracked a 1/4 inch does more good to keep odors down than anything. Cat converters in the earliest years would stink like sulphur frequently and would puke a polecat

A lot of folks don't know this so I'm going to mention it, one of the components of exhaust fumes is nitrogen oxide, often abbreviated NOx. Properly functioning cat goes a long way to cut way down on NOx, and rich smelling exhaust has a lot of it. NOx is really good a destroying lung tissue, so please don't over due it when your enjoying your exhaust.

As an alternative try ozium new car smell, it's pretty close and is available in a spray can or a small can that you open and place under your seat. At the shop we use large doses of it in a spray can.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
As an alternative try ozium new car smell, it's pretty close and is available in a spray can or a small can that you open and place under your seat. At the shop we use large doses of it in a spray can.
Odium kicks butt. I like the orange scented one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969