Who really understands egr bleed solenoid operation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Okay I'm going crazy trying to figure this out 1986 carburated 305, 700 r4 truck. The pigtail to the egr bleed solenoid is destroyed, so simple fix get another pigtail wire it in.Now here is where it gets complicated.The truck is non lockup th350 swapped.So being the bleed solenoid is controlled by the transmission circuit would it be inop anyways if I replace the pigtail.What is the bleed solenoid actual function does it bleed vacuum to keep egr from working in lower gears?Or bleed vacuum so egr doesn't work with converter locked.Goal is to get the car working.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Okay I'm going crazy trying to figure this out 1986 carburated 305, 700 r4 truck. The pigtail to the egr bleed solenoid is destroyed, so simple fix get another pigtail wire it in.Now here is where it gets complicated.The truck is non lockup th350 swapped.So being the bleed solenoid is controlled by the transmission circuit would it be inop anyways if I replace the pigtail.What is the bleed solenoid actual function does it bleed vacuum to keep egr from working in lower gears?Or bleed vacuum so egr doesn't work with converter locked.Goal is to get the car working.
Okay spell check got me that last line was suppose to say goal is to get the egr working. The 700r4 will be going back in as soon as I have time to rebuild it, I was hoping in the interim someone might know if the egr bleed will function even with the non lockup th350 installed, Or if someone knows a way to fool it into thinking everything's right, maybe wire a light bulb across the lockup wires so the ecm thinks it has a lockup solenoid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray