Which Mirrors are BEST quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spedigo

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
big10
Engine Size
I had the G van mirrors on mine, biggest issues with them is the wing window hits and they sit out of level slightly.

I bought the LMC stainless ones for my resto
OK so stainless is a definite. Am actually going to LMC this week because my work takes me to within about 10 miles of there several times a week.
Did you put those LMC mirrors on yet?
I guess the main complaint I’ve been seen online is that there’re made so that they can go on either side, therefore, the backside of them will not perfectly fit the door panel lines, and it seems that there may also be a complaint about the fasteners that come with most of them.

Thanks for all the replies, it’s helpful. I thought I’d had some oem stainless ones found nearby, but they were a little too beat up.

WFarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
350 tbi
I bought mine (driver side) from Oreilly as I worked there after I retired and the employee discount made it a no brainer. It was all stainless, fit fine and has held up well over the past 2 years.

spedigo

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
big10
Engine Size
I bought mine (driver side) from Oreilly as I worked there after I retired and the employee discount made it a no brainer. It was all stainless, fit fine and has held up well over the past 2 years.
it’s been a while, but do you remember which brand they were? Currently O’Reilly only has k source on the website and they’re only chrome.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
it’s been a while, but do you remember which brand they were? Currently O’Reilly only has k source on the website and they’re only chrome.
It is possible that they have been listed as chrome, even though they may actually be stainless. Chromed plastic and polished stainless look nearly the same at quick glance.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
OK so stainless is a definite. Am actually going to LMC this week because my work takes me to within about 10 miles of there several times a week.
I guess the main complaint I’ve been seen online is that there’re made so that they can go on either side, therefore, the backside of them will not perfectly fit the door panel lines, and it seems that there may also be a complaint about the fasteners that come with most of them.

Thanks for all the replies, it’s helpful. I thought I’d had some oem stainless ones found nearby, but they were a little too beat up.
Sorry haven’t mounted them yet, should be ready for them by February though

mrdap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C/K_Lover
Truck Year
81-91
Truck Model
C20/K30/V15/V2500
Engine Size
350/454
I was not happy with the LMC versions.
A far cry from the originals.
A simulation only

79K10Step

Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I also put on the stainless ones from LMC, fair quality but going down the road the wind would blow them in tightened up all the way. I had to get multiple pieces of 1.25 inch wire harness shrink wrap and put on the stem before they would stay. Be careful with the O-ring type seals on the top make sure they are on the metal bracket before you install with the mirror stem inserted. Then put on shrink wrap or electric tape to increase the diameter so they will stay put.

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I agree with everything you read on the LMC mirrors, not the best quality, but fair. If you're going with painted or chrome mirrors, make sure to coat the inside heavily with some kind of coating. The ones I have had previously rusted from the inside out. I removed all the factory paint and used POR 15 and top coat on mine. These mirrors have been on for about 3 years now, and you can see the seals are not the best. Expect to use a few choice words when installing them!
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod