Which carb to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
In today’s LS swap mentality, guys who understand a carb (or who can even know a carb when they see one!) are getting far and few between. If you see a guy soaking his dentures in carb cleaner, listen to what he has to say!!

Yeah but you're gonna have to listen pretty careful if he's cleaning his dentures! Haha!

You must be registered for see images attach

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
It amazes me how quickly a lot of you folks jump to the defense of Edelbrock and Quadrajet carbs the second someone (such as me) mentions HOLLEY carbs! Contrary to seemingly popular belief NONE of the aforementioned are the Holy Grail of the carb world. Sure the auto manufacturers used tons of them on their production lines. That may be similar to military contracts where the low bidder gets to supply the needed equipment whether it's the best or not, all depends on the bean counter signing the purchase order. I have noticed on here seems that the number of folks requesting how to get their carb running right at least 9 out of 10 times are fiddling with something other than a Holley!! But that's just my worthless opinion, just like I don't believe man has ever stepped on the moon, that's also my opinion and nothing you can say is going to change it! Same holds true for HOLLEY carbs. Ok, time to go back to my beer and pipe, rant over!:cheers:

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
I’ve been using a 1406 that has been tuned for a mild 383 stroker.I know there is more advanced carbs that are more tunable out there,obviously.You’re gonna pay for those carbs to.

1406 is a breeze to change metering rods,springs and jets.It is also easy to clean and maintain.Swapping in spring loaded needles for offroad use is also simple and easy on the wallet.I’ve had my truck nearly on its side with fuel spilling out the carb,but stayed running.

However,if money is no object,the fuel injection would be best for altitude differences alone.But you said just down dirt roads and what not....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84