Where to get a new throttle bracket thingy(pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The throttle return springs interfere with the throttle cable and would like to mitigate that.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There's normally a spot lower on the bracket to hook up the return springs.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
On this bracket, no. It was setup for the original 2 barrel that was on it. This sbc(no idea of displacement) came out of a late 70s, early 80s sedan. The spring where it hooks up is perfectlly fine for the original carb, but doesnt work great for my edlebrock

motohunter4

Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You could try getting one off a 4 barrel at the pick n pull, or try to drill a new hole in the existing bracket where it won't interfere.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
On my SBC327 the throttle return spring runs forward in vehicle not reward. It hooks into a simple L bracket that bolts onto one of the intake bolts. The bracket came with the Edelbrock EFI kit, but you could easily make one. It looks something like this -

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I see, so instead of pulling the bottom back, it pulls the top forward(to achieve the same thing),{on mine, ill put it on the driver side in the ftront, your brakcet is on the opposite side of mine] that is actually a preferable solution so I dont have to unbolt anything in the rear. Im sure their is a kit # for that. Before I even typed this message, I found something online on amazon that looks just like yours. https://www.amazon.com/CHROME-THROTTLE-RETURN-SPRING-BRACKET/dp/B004XJHLLA

Thank you so much, dhen

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I've got an edelbrock my truck installed by the former owner, in my case I have the 700R4 so I've ordered a geometry correction kit and to be honest your throttle cable in the picture looks like it is at an angle which doesn't do your cable any good. I've also got the same issue with the return spring hitting the throttle cable like you do. I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078WJSZLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 As you can see the return spring has two holes and one is pretty far out there if needed. So that is another option. I will say though it has been my experience that edelbrocks tend to like return springs in front of the carb. So I may order or make a forward bracket as well. Thanks

Ewhitaker0020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 5.0
I just installed an Edelbrock intake and carb on my 84 k10. My return spring is in the large hole on the linkage and goes forward. I can't remember what I used, possibly the engine lift bracket to hook onto.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
So to update my previous post, I got my bracket installed. I ended up having to replace the bolts on the bracket with longer ones and added spacers to get the linkage to line up correctly. Also in order to get my throttle linkage to work smoothly and return correctly I cut a portion of my original bracket and bolted it in front of the carburetor on a manifold bolt and that is working very well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Villano