What the Heck??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
I did do some more searchin the next day, in the other direction.. (great way to spend my days off work =0)

Anywho... went to a "Pick a Part" place.. payed my two bucks, had my lil travel tool box, and off I went.

I found the wheel trim pieces I wanted , in real good shape, all for for a whole whopping $18!! I knew I could find em cheaper. No good grilles tough, but that's ok.. I have a few more of those pick and pull places to hit. The kool thing is they don't care about the rarity of the part, they charge flat regardless what they come off of.

The gal charged by the foot on the trim... the actual value of the material itself.. I suppose. oh well, more better for me

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
pix

attachment.php

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 143

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Man, that truck looks good. And that's a close up pic. :waytogo:

You may have done OK on those wheel pieces. They do look good, but do keep in mind, you likley got factory OEM too which does matter to some people. For your truck as nice of OEM condition it appears to be down to the wheels, I'd want to keep it as OEM as reasonably possible. I could sure live with an aftermarket grill though since an OEM grill will cost you a fortune and may get broke again someday. All in all good job. Keep an eye on Rock Auto though. THey have good prices and I think they have deals sometimes if you spend like $100 they will ship for FREE or half price, making that new grill reasonable. I intend to get a couple grills from Rock and hope they'll tape the 2 together and charge me shipping only for 1 since even $32 each is a steal.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Truck looks like crap. You need to give it to me to save yourself more embarrassment.... :D

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Truck looks like crap. You need to give it to me to save yourself more embarrassment.... :D

..... alright Jacob, but you gotta pay the freight to get it hauled over to you!

..and don't expect it to have a full tank of fuel either!..... :bleh:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Don't you dare give it up. He only says it looks like crap cuz it has good mirrors on it and that's the first thing he'd remove to mess it up.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Man, that truck looks good. And that's a close up pic. :waytogo:

Thanks!!! But believe me...it needs a lot of work yet. She's a work in progress. I just took a pic of her good side :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks!!! But believe me...it needs a lot of work yet. She's a work in progress. I just took a pic of her good side :D

Its a good old OEM truck, I'm sure its not flawless and has some scratches, but still, the fact is has paint, little visible rust and been cared for still makes it a real nice truck.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm not shipping it. I'm coming out and driving her home :deal:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm not shipping it. I'm coming out and driving her home :deal:

I'm between KCMO and So Cal, which means you'll need be coming thru OKC to get the Cali for that truck. You won't get past me with it !!!

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Man, that thing already looked good. Even better with that trim on it! I don't know if this is an aftermarket thing or not, but the trim screws I bought from LMC started rusting the day I put the damned things on. I'm just going to watch them to see how back it gets, but I'll probably be looking for some stainless replacements in the near future if they get much worse. It sux to have nice shiny chome trim held on w/rusty looking screws!

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Its a good old OEM truck, I'm sure its not flawless and has some scratches, but still, the fact is has paint, little visible rust and been cared for still makes it a real nice truck.

Prabably the only pure OEM truck we have in the valley!
Sal, You and me need to go bone yard hopping one day. I have been out here 2 years now, and havent done it yet.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Thanks a lot everybody for the compliments!!

Although I must say.. we ALL have awesome trucks!! not because they look good.. but I think we all have a strong dose of our own personality and taste in em! :waytogo:

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Prabably the only pure OEM truck we have in the valley!
Sal, You and me need to go bone yard hopping one day. I have been out here 2 years now, and havent done it yet.

Im ready bro!! I need me a good parts chasing buddy... :slap:

I've hit the yards here in L.B... and the one out in Stevenson at the end of Mercy Springs and 140.. NADA!!!!! Went to the one that was a sister company to the one in Stevenson.. which was in Turlock.. and they're the ones that tried to bend me over raw...

The Pick N Pull before Madera on 99 is where I scored the trim.
Prolly gonna hit the one in Merced next, then scoot over to Modesto area.

There's a few in Salinas I might hit, when I go see my woman.
I have Tue and Wed off from work, so maybe we can do the Modesto haul together, since your out that way anyway.

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Im ready bro!! I need me a good parts chasing buddy... :slap:

I've hit the yards here in L.B... and the one out in Stevenson at the end of Mercy Springs and 140.. NADA!!!!! Went to the one that was a sister company to the one in Stevenson.. which was in Turlock.. and they're the ones that tried to bend me over raw...

The Pick N Pull before Madera on 99 is where I scored the trim.
Prolly gonna hit the one in Merced next, then scoot over to Modesto area.

There's a few in Salinas I might hit, when I go see my woman.
I have Tue and Wed off from work, so maybe we can do the Modesto haul together, since your out that way anyway.
I`m waiting to hear from someone about which yard would be best. I would love to get a killer deal on some OEM rally`s.....Almost got a set yesterday for $50 off CL, but I was 5 minutes too late. ****, I would even trade my Ultra 15x10`s straight across for 15x7 or 8 rallys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikejeden