What should I include in my emergency tool set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Ya'll prep like you drive Fords

Similar to what I was thinkin...that was funny.

I refuse to keep 80 pounds of ******** in my truck just in case. I fix it in the driveway and keep my tools in the garage lol?

I keep a Leatherman "Wingman" and a $1.00 LED flashlight in the console..with the verification because I also pay Progressive Insurance for roadside assistance and even used it once when I ran out of gas. :(

Better yet I try really very hard to keep her in freaking fantastic condition even though it don't look like much to most people. I dont roam far from home though...i'm sure if I was a highway man that would change and I keep my Glock like it's an American Express. - I dont leave home without it.
<3 Karl Malden !

You must be registered for see images attach

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I have a basic kobalt tool kit that came from Lowe’s, a set of jumper cables, and that’s pretty much it. I do have a leatherman in the truck, and I keep a chain in the bed just because I’ve been called to come pull a couple people out before. I don’t like carrying a bunch of crap everywhere I go.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Jack, cordless 1/2 impact and sockets needed to change a tire, thats about it

She's not a ferd boys!

When i go on a long distance drive, i bring a spare coil and ignition module, adjustables, basic phillips and flathead, and like, 7-13mm, and 5/16-3/4" sockets.

Salty Crusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Booster cables, crescent wrench, vise grips, Gorilla duct tape, WD-40, gloves, BFH.
If that doesn't work, I have a work truck hooked to a car trailer with a winch.
Ain't nobody towing my **** to any shop, I'll handle it myself.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
The one time my truck came home on a rollback was when a hose from the power steering pump ruptured. It’s hydroboost, so I lost brakes and power steering at the same time. It wouldn’t have mattered what tools I had with me, without a new hose and more fluid I was going nowhere. It’s nice to think you’re prepared, but sometimes your only option is a tow truck.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
For me it depends on where you will be driving. I often drive out into the middle of nowhere by myself. No cell service- no houses, little to no people.

I carry a basic craftsman tool set, wool blanket, shovel, flares (easy way to start a campfire), mountain bike (riding a bike out is easier than walking), tube of alumaseal radiator stop leak, an old fan belt, my old radiator hoses, kinetic energy rope, a logging chain, a spare ignition module (those things are crap and have went out on me several times before I put in a MSD ignition box), first aid kit, a tarp, tire plug kit, fire extinguisher, air compressor...

I'm sure I'm forgetting somethings. :D

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
LS serpentine belt with 15mm tool to change it, hydrolic jack and tool to change wheel, big strap, frew other tool, wise grip, cutter, some spare wire and fuses ect... ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84