What should I do now !!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI
Ok hear I go again I got this truck 350 tbi 700r4 for cheap and was told the seals in the tranny was bad smh yeah right I being a new be in the old schools got it and had someone pull it and replace the seals and yep the tranny was in need of a rebuild I had it shipped to AAMCO and $1800 later I had a rebuild tranny good right no the engine was smoking I could see now and needed what looked like a head gasket job so me and a friend with more no how removed Down to the head to see it needed a ring job watch with me said swap a motor because no time place or no how to do that kinda job I swap the motor it's in and sounds good no the truck is not shifting right this was notice after crack up timing etc and first try to move the truck engine never got to a normal temp and never moved over a feet out of drive way I call these plp I gave $1800 to check it out they say the tranny coolant lines was bent and no fluid got to tranny and it burn this I believe to not be true when first replacing the motor and getting the timing right with plugs and wires the lines where off because the radiator was not in place and I had to get a jug to keep it from wasting on ground the truck will go in first I'm sure and reverse ones I was sure it was not doing what it should I stop toying with it so I'm not sure if 2nd will snap in just no it's not doing it when it should what if anything you guys think I should do other then paying 1800 again o yeah if you wondering I have a warranty on the tranny that why thinking I'm getting screwed by aamco I respect rules but if I get a warranty on my tranny I don't think it should stop me from working on motor

Domer

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6-71 Blown 355
First off, please use some punctuation. That was really hard to read. and to answer what i think was your question, if you didn't have the radiator in and the trans lines were not hooked up and pumping fluid out, then you probably burnt up the trans and warranty doesn't cover that.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
OUCH !!!!
Also: A lot of us people,in here,are of the old schools method and We do not read nor understan well in this NEW school text messageing language,If You are raised and schooled in the United States of America then "PLEASE" revert back to Our old school ways of reading.
I have,before,tried to decipher what people from other countries have wrote without much success.
Thank You

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
First off, please use some punctuation. That was really hard to read. and to answer what i think was your question, if you didn't have the radiator in and the trans lines were not hooked up and pumping fluid out, then you probably burnt up the trans and warranty doesn't cover that.

^^^THIS!!!

No radiator = fried tranny. Hard lesson learned.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
looks like ya 'all have this under control...carry on.

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
Tough to read, but maybe try putting the radiator in and adjusting the tv cable. Maybe, just maybe its not ruined yet, but if its driven with the tv cable set wrong it will destroy a transmission very quickly.

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
And make sure the transmission is full of fluid, being low makes it do funny stuff too.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI

I am an American US Army 11-b Iraq and Afghanistan veteran. I'm using my phone to post hear and it makes it very hard to write long messages. What I think I would do first is get the truck from that money greedy shop, because if its up to them total rebuild is the first and last why to fix this problem. Second I'm going to buy new lines on my on, top off the fluid, and cross my fingers while I'm putting it in drive and giving it a little gas. This I hope will do a magic trick and fix the problem. If not based on how bad it's acting I will make a choice to have it cracked open or to get another one thanks again and hope this was a little better to read And by the way I have a degree

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I am an American US Army 11-b Iraq and Afghanistan veteran. I'm using my phone to post hear and it makes it very hard to write long messages. What I think I would do first is get the truck from that money greedy shop, because if its up to them total rebuild is the first and last why to fix this problem. Second I'm going to buy new lines on my on, top off the fluid, and cross my fingers while I'm putting it in drive and giving it a little gas. This I hope will do a magic trick and fix the problem. If not based on how bad it's acting I will make a choice to have it cracked open or to get another one thanks again and hope this was a little better to read And by the way I have a degree

:patriot:
Thank You for the time You are putting in for Our military.
I never did have one a them kinds of phones but,after reading what other people go through to getr online and do any posting I,dont think one of those is in My future.Heck,I can barely push the talk button on the cell that I do have.
It now makes sense.I have been in another Harley shovel head forum where there`s several members from Europe and they,not knowing how to use the "American" wording jhas all kinds of confusing stuff,without punctuations.very difficult to read and understand.
Some shops are that way,grabbing for the "Big Bucks" when a simple fix is right there before them.
Thank You and I pray for Your safekeeping,there and when You come back.

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI

God speed !!!!

no slack

Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7 350 TBI
not burn up

Good news the tranny is ok the connection for the lockup from the wire harness was not connected AAMCO was just trying to get more money first sign of burn tranny is burn fluid right my fluid is red why would they even come up with that it was burn up now I have a small new tranny problem I notice every so often I get a leak from the rear seal when the trucks parked I say so often because I have a white drive way and change spots any idea how to fix this

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
CRITICAL, BE SURE TO READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH !!!

OK FIRST off, now that we got that punctuation out of the way. We do understand phones and BS, and we'll tolerate that for those short messages, but when it's like one of my half page descriptions, please at least use periods. IF IT'S A PHONE MESSAGE, we'll over look the apostrophe and an occasional comma, but please, do at least use periods. It matters bigtime when you're reading fast on a long post.

2nd off, NEVER GO TO AAMCO, NEVER EVER !!! CROOOOKS !!! NEVER. Got it??? Lesson learned?? EVERYONE ELSE??? YOU HEAR THAT??? NO AAMCO !!!

3rd, I was going to say, your trans should be fine and didn't work cuz it could not pump fluid. An auto trans is not like a motor. If out of oil, it burns up. Now some transmissions can, and a 700r4 might be able to also, but if no bearings or shafts are spinning since it sat in a driveway, and no fluid can compress a clutch pack, then how the hell does it burn up??? Make sense??? The drum can spin all day long, but if the clutches are not compressed then they can't be slipping now can they??? Tell that to those experts at AAMCO. :flipthebird:

Other news, that wire harness not being connected WILL NOT keep a 700r4 from working either. The 700r4 is NOT electronic so that being disconnected just means no lock up and that's that. So whatever the issue was, but it wasn't that.

NOW to the Very Critical stuff. If the TV (throttle valve) Cable is NOT hooked up, or adjusted right, it WILL BURN UP your transmission and in short order too. If you don't know how to do it, I suggest taking it to a trans shop that DOES KNOW what the hell they are doing, and not AAMCO. If you feel confident you can do it, we have threads showing you how to do it. But don't jack around with this. You can burn your trans up in a matter of 200-300 miles. And until you know it's right. No jack rabbit starts. Take off slow and build your speed up gradually cuz you don't have fluid pressure regulation if it's not hooked up and to get hard on it, you need higher pressure to compress the clutch packs or they slip and WILL BURN, and yes your fluid wil get black and stinky.

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
^^^^^What he said, tv cable is critical no bs. I would say even less then 2-300 miles though, just one short trip with the adjustment wrong will hurt the transmission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
^^^^^What he said, tv cable is critical no bs. I would say even less then 2-300 miles though, just one short trip with the adjustment wrong will hurt the transmission.

No doubt, even a short trip will hurt the trans and take off a couple thousand miles of wear off the clutches, but totally fried within 200-300 miles.

The reason the 700r4 is so critical on the TV cable and the Th350 is NOT critical on the Detent cable aka Kick Down cable, is the 700r4 TV cable is also used to regulate the fluid pressure along with determine shift points and kick down.

On Th350 the trans has pressure regulator in the valve body and pump. So all the cable does is help determine shift points, and determines kick down. That's all it does. So a Th350 wo the cable hooked up will just shift early and not have passing gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512