What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Got me a dewalt 20v “E” ratchet, I haven’t tested it out yet but it claims it has 75ft lbs torque and 300 rpm. Also came with 3/8” and 1/2” anvils.

I have a 12v Milwaukee but it has been a bit weak for most tasks and was the only red tool in my arsenal. I wrote a scathing email to dewalts R&D for not having any ratchets in their line up when I bought the Milwaukee. Apparently enough people complained and they released one about a year later

You must be registered for see images attach

1984K30

Reaction score
First Name
t
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
7.4L
I've been using Milton M-series for as long as I can remember and never had a problem with leaking fittings. Some of my fittings were my grandfather's, so at least 40 years old. What pressure are you running at your fittings?
140 psi everything i have use. Over the last 20 yearsmost my fittings leak in 1-2 years.

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
140 psi everything i have use. Over the last 20 yearsmost my fittings leak in 1-2 years.
140 is a lot. Most air tools should only be run at 90 psi. That's probably your problem. Install a valve and release the pressure on your line before disconnecting the quick couple. Or install a regulator and keep your pressure at 90. I have one dedicated hose at full pressure just for inflating tires, my other lines are regulated at 90 for air tools

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
140 is a lot. Most air tools should only be run at 90 psi. That's probably your problem. Install a valve and release the pressure on your line before disconnecting the quick couple. Or install a regulator and keep your pressure at 90. I have one dedicated hose at full pressure just for inflating tires, my other lines are regulated at 90 for air tools

I have always run my tools at full shop pressure. Except spray guns, but they have their own regulator. The air hammer seems to be the only thing that ever tears up fittings for me. Quick couplers last me as long as I don't toss the hose down on the floor all the time.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
went to hobo freight for some stuff for building my console/sub box. A corded jigsaw, a router, various router bits and jigsaw bits. And wood glue and sand paper

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Your air tools are spoiled,the only time mine have seen less than full shop pressure was when they were still in the box.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got me a dewalt 20v “E” ratchet, I haven’t tested it out yet but it claims it has 75ft lbs torque and 300 rpm. Also came with 3/8” and 1/2” anvils.

I have a 12v Milwaukee but it has been a bit weak for most tasks and was the only red tool in my arsenal. I wrote a scathing email to dewalts R&D for not having any ratchets in their line up when I bought the Milwaukee. Apparently enough people complained and they released one about a year later

Sweet!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker

I've had mine since Christmas... just used it to take the front clip off the Extracab. That thing has some torq! I was really impressed with it. What I also liked is, if it can't break loose what ever bolt you are trying to remove... it stops and let's you brake it loose.

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So I guess in some sense these are "tools"

Since it's about to start raining for the next three days, I stopped by Harbor Freight to buy a tarp and some bungee cords to cover the old 350 SBC engine (that was just replaced) that's in the back of my pickup truck.

This was a very, very "Harbor Freight" scenario indeed.

BR

PS -- As I was leaving, I noted that 2 of the 3 ppl I saw coming out of the store were ASLO buying tarps and bungee cords.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well, kind of a new tool......made an after cooler setup for my air compressor. Used a Derale trans cooler - funny, when you look them up, there's one link for trans cooling and 20 for air compressors.

Didn't want to use the goofy 'hanging it with a zip tie' idea so made a mount from some 2" aluminum c-channel for easier service or removal. Found "rubber tape" online and used that between the cooler and the mount and mount and the cage. Its attached with washer and wing nuts on the backside and neoprene washers between the nut and the cage. Trying to cushion things as much as I can. Sweat copper for all the lines with a few compression fittings for service / disassembly. Now to pray to God for no leaks.

From the many many many online who have done this, it drops the air temp over 200* and removes about 90-95% of the water.....before it gets to the tank. That side filter automatically empties when full.....gotta rig a hose and can for that too. That giant rack hanging behind it as well a filter/desiccant setup on the wall should more than dry out whats left for the paint gun.

Wiring the new power cable is on tap today. Got that steampunk look going. :hat:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I got the 4' led bulbs for the shop light. Wow whata big difference they make. I'll be replacing them all with these.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I got the 4' led bulbs for the shop light. Wow whata big difference they make. I'll be replacing them all with these.

Do you have to bypass the ballast to use those? How much $ and where did you get them?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Do you have to bypass the ballast to use those? How much $ and where did you get them?
Nope, I got them at Walmart. I don't remember how much but it was around 15 bucks or so I think. In a white and green box. 40w

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Weird thing is I went to turn the lights off and they were off. I looked and it said direct fit. I'll look into it tomorrow. I think when I dropped one and bent the little prong on one side maybe has something to do with it. But it was lit when I took the picture. Idk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod