What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
BFH should be your first tool of choice on ball joints and tie rod ends. @idahovette wasn't kidding. There's actually a method to using the hammer not just start whacking on things. 99% of times a hammer and pry bar is all I need. The bad thing about making a pickle fork your first choice,instead of your last choice is they usually destroy the boots. NBD if you're replacing the ends/ball joints anyways,but if you are reusing them you don't want torn up boots. I've taken pics before of where to smack to pop Ball Joints and tie rod ends, I'll try to find them. Just realized I'm on my old phone,don't have my pics. Found a pic on the internet but no painted area like my pics to show you where to strike. Anyways,you aren't trying to drive it out,smack it from the side between the boot and the head of the tie rod end. You are actual going to hit the steering knuckle not tie rod end it's self. Smack it hard a couple of times if it doesn't pop use a pry bar,to apply pressure,like you were trying to pry it out,while applying pressure whack the steering knuckle with the hammer.
^^^^ this

I’ll add:
I prefer the two hammer method, hold one hammer in place exactly where you want and strike it with the BFH. Prevents missing and tearing the boot or damaging something else from a glancing blow.

And done forget to leave the castle nut threaded half way on the stud.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Here is a pic of the filler piece I added on my Burb. This replaces the old crappy plastic one that GM used to cover the gap between the bumper and the body. I used brushed stainless steel and made a clone of the old plastic one
You need to get some better pic of that. I need one or two for a Blazer. I don't think they are that different.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Me too, Ive always hit it good in the right spot and listen for the sound change and wamo lol

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Got a 15” side cabinet to add to the box

You must be registered for see images attach

And a matching light lol
Those lights are awesome. One of my buddies gave me one for my birthday. I have been really impressed with it.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Those lights are awesome. One of my buddies gave me one for my birthday. I have been really impressed with it.
Good to know. Haven’t used it yet but the light output definitely seems awesome. And being a compact magnetic one is a big plus

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got another impact today . Got a smaller version of this in 18volt .. this one is a beast . It will break bolts if you stay on it . Of course my place of work pays for them . Because there way to expensive! And this handy lil plug lol

Attachments

• IMG_4632.jpeg
    IMG_4632.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4633.jpeg
    IMG_4633.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 21

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I got new air fittings for my air tools. I have been sick and tired of my air tools having that little air leak at the fitting. I did a lot of reading, and watching YouTube videos. This brand kept coming up as one if the best. I don't know if y'all have priced a higher quality air fittings, but holly crap they are high. These are not cheap harbor freight high flow air fittings, but they were not to bad on the wallet either.

Attachments

• 20240313_075428.jpg
    20240313_075428.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 18

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Trying out this dust collector. $100off rebate on it. It gets good reviews, but the price seems too good to be true. Nothing like the dust collectors that I’m used to seeing at real mill works shops. They typically empty into a modified horse or stock trailer and fill it up rather quickly.

I have a 2015ish version of the dust collector, back when they were like $150 on sale, it’s been pretty good for my needs. I have it setup with a cyclone and large canister filter. If you look around you will find an impeller upgrade that Wen sells that is a direct swap. About 2” larger diameter. That really improved performance.

Not really comparable to a clear vue or Murphy Rodger’s setup, but in its own league alright.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Icon snap ring plier set. Not something I use often, but when I do, I've been dealing with a pair that has a broken tip and that's frustrating to say the least. These get good reviews, and come with .038", .047", and .070" tip sizes. They're stamped USA, but I'm not sure if that means "MADE" in USA or just that Icon is a USA-based company. Lifetime warranty, so I won't worry too much about that detail.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Icon snap ring plier set. Not something I use often, but when I do, I've been dealing with a pair that has a broken tip and that's frustrating to say the least. These get good reviews, and come with .038", .047", and .070" tip sizes. They're stamped USA, but I'm not sure if that means "MADE" in USA or just that Icon is a USA-based company. Lifetime warranty, so I won't worry too much about that detail.

Been eyeing that set myself. Like you, I don't need them often but when I do my couple pair that I have now are infuriating

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
My snapon budget has almost been blown already for the year lol. The Pearl blue is discontinued, and I have a problem, so I got a few things I needed/wanted. The Pearl blue is just such a good color.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad