What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Got one of these delivered yesterday. $220 - but if it puts the cab and bed back on (with or without new paint) - is worth more than that to me. Could probably sell it afterwards and recoup some $$ too. Reviews are overall very good.....and its made in the USA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
WAY cool!!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
At the local 4wd jamboree this past weekend i took a browse around the tool vendor and picked up these.

You must be registered for see images attach

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Got one of these delivered yesterday. $220 - but if it puts the cab and bed back on (with or without new paint) - is worth more than that to me. Could probably sell it afterwards and recoup some $$ too. Reviews are overall very good.....and its made in the USA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Maybe it's just the fact that I wok in a machine shop and have a large scrap pile behind my house, but I feel like that's just a couple pieces of square tube, angle iron, and a few bolts, maybe a couple welds too. It's just a hunk of painted metal that hooks up to your own engine hoist. ****, for $220, I'd at least like it to come with some strapping or custom moulded rubber insulator pads or something. I feel like that whole thing should be like $80 max...

**** man, you can buy a whole engine hoist for that and just bolt a pressure treated 6x6 to it that would do the job just as well...

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
At the local 4wd jamboree this past weekend i took a browse around the tool vendor and picked up these.

I am surprised at how much I use those paint markers!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Sure beats the four fat guys and a case of Budweiser method that we always use here to get a bed or cab off a frame.

Pretty sure I could find 3 fat guys that would disagree. 2 minutes of lifting fir a six pack. Can't beat that. Lol

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
What ive added of late. Have a points job to go do, and always wanted one of the inline spark checkers.

And my homemade 17 dollar wire clip removal tool. Made it my self for about 326 bucks with labor lol.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I did a thing.
I bought the top box to my bottom box.
Now to fill it.

Love the green, it matches this....

I bought this one yesterday.

Sons friend had a crappy exhaust done on his car and the other party was not available to fix it for him.
So I ponied up the $479 for the welder so that Max and he could fix the ugly that was done to his car.

Here is @Maxwellvis reading the instructions to get it all set up and ready to make lava...

I will never be able to use the welder due to the computer in my chest, so I may as well let the boy make sparks while I watch with proud dad face.

Oh, and they rebuilt the whole exhaust on buddies Honda.
Buncha cutting and welding was done as no parts we actually made for the specific car.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Was looking for an aluminum brightener/cleaner in the acid form with sprayer. Could only find it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EVIJPF...abc_M538PDBS1TNVR2MDGMB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Used it on aluminum intake I sold to my neighbor square buddy. Turned out really good. Spray it on and let it foam up and sit for 3 to 5 minutes then rinse with water. Easy and works good.

Even took the rust out of the water passages

Backside

Very happy with how it came out. Now I gotta find more aluminum to clean now. Lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Was looking for an aluminum brightener/cleaner in the acid form with sprayer. Could only find it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EVIJPF...abc_M538PDBS1TNVR2MDGMB7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Used it on aluminum intake I sold to my neighbor square buddy. Turned out really good. Spray it on and let it foam up and sit for 3 to 5 minutes then rinse with water. Easy and works good.

Even took the rust out of the water passages

Backside

Very happy with how it came out. Now I gotta find more aluminum to clean now. Lol
Wonder how that would work on my aluminum slots...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84