What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Amazing to me, maybe i'm simple but was impressed - no doubt.. I can't believe it really works! These are great gifts I imagine.

That little deal ALSO started a 2020 Chevrolet Trax that had a dead battery for 6 days, unlike the Honda -which was only dead for a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My old Chevy truck battery gave up the ghost one night and I asked the wife to give me a jump. She showed up with this little phone charger looking thing and I laughed..... "That little piece of $#!@ is going to roll over a 496 BBC....hahaha. Well it worked, hott damn...guess what I got for Christmas??

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
Took the plunge on this "keep you on your own side of the bed" little grinder.
You must be registered for see images attach

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Took the plunge on this "keep you on your own side of the bed" little grinder.
The older ones are more scary lookin. Much beefier as well.

It looks like a mean unit though! Stay safe with those big ass grinders!

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The older ones are more scary lookin. Much beefier as well.

It looks like a mean unit though! Stay safe with those big ass grinders!

I've been using grinders of some type for well over 30 years without issue. Last fall, I was working with one and a wire brush, something I've done literally dozens of times. One second it was in my hands, the next thing I know it was wrapped around the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I ended up with just a couple of minor scratches. But, it could have been much worse. I haven't had a tool scare me in a long time. But, this certainly did.

Last edited:

wanderinthru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shakey
Truck Year
81, 70, 75, 84, 89
Truck Model
K 10, C 30, K 20
Engine Size
I've been using grinders of some type for well over 30 years without issue. Last fall, I was working with one and a wire brush, something I've done literally dozens of times. One second it was in my hands, the next thing I know it was wrapped around the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I ended up with just a couple of minor scratches. But, it could have been much worse. I haven't had a too scare me in a long time. But, this certainly did.

Been there done that. Why I never....well very seldom... "tie" a grinder cord to an extention cord. Practice that with big drills as well.

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've been using grinders of some type for well over 30 years without issue. Last fall, I was working with one and a wire brush, something I've done literally dozens of times. One second it was in my hands, the next thing I know it was wrapped around the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I ended up with just a couple of minor scratches. But, it could have been much worse. I haven't had a tool scare me in a long time. But, this certainly did.
I used a chainsaw chain attachment on my 4 1/2” grinder a few months ago,that is one dangerous little sob,heavy gloves, face shield and a firm grip are a must.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
I used a chainsaw chain attachment on my 4 1/2” grinder a few months ago,that is one dangerous little sob,heavy gloves, face shield and a firm grip are a must.

That sounds totally unsafe. I have a chainsaw for when I need a chainsaw!:smoke2: The cost of a chainsaw has to be far less than a visit to the E.R. !

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Found these Rigid cases at Home Depot today. I’ve been needing something better for keeping my tools organized in my truck. I’ve been running around with 2/3 of my toolbox in soft bags for the last 3 weeks helping buddies out with their trucks. These are awesome, probably gonna pick up 1-2 more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I'm planning on changing out wheel bearings, so I figured if I had the pay money to have a shop press them in, then I might as well buy my own press and do it myself.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I'm planning on changing out wheel bearings, so I figured if I had the pay money to have a shop press them in, then I might as well buy my own press and do it myself.

What wheel bearings you pressing in with that?!?! I need to get myself one already.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Saved this one from the dumpster at work today. It has one bad bearing...

It's been replaced before but they did a ****** job so it failed again. We all assumed they would fix it so we just waited patiently while it sat half disassembled since March. Today they decided to toss it and aren't planning on replacing it "because nobody has complained about it being down this whole time, so we must not need a new one". Damn near everyone in the building has been inconvenienced by it being down, but we didn't see the need to whine because we all assumed obviously they will fix it someone is just being retarded and taking their sweet time again, which happens all the time. When I saw them wheeling it towards the dumpster I said "don't you dare, I'm taking it home, stick it in the corner so I don't have to drag it out of the dumpster when I come back with my truck tomorrow". I'm not even gonna talk to management about it, if they were gonna toss it anyway, they can just pretend that's what happened. I took a whole box of brand new belts too, what are they gonna use them for?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got one of these delivered yesterday. $220 - but if it puts the cab and bed back on (with or without new paint) - is worth more than that to me. Could probably sell it afterwards and recoup some $$ too. Reviews are overall very good.....and its made in the USA.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128