What new tools have you got lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Nope, I got them at Walmart. I don't remember how much but it was around 15 bucks or so I think. In a white and green box. 40w
You must be registered for see images attach
normal ceiling in the garage I got these and paid ~$20 for longer extensions. They daisy chain so you only plug one in. So for ~$65 you get 6 lights, not including flashing if you don't have reflectors/flashing. Cardboard and metal tape is cheaper than flashing I'm sure....just an option.

Amazon Barrina

Love mine

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
We replaced the flouescents at the shop with 4 and 8 ft LEDs. The 8 ft were from Home Depot, the 4 ft from SuperbrightlLEDs.com

We did some homework before we decided on what to use in our building. If you use a ballast you're not going to see the kind of significant energy savings an LED is capable of. The ballast itself is a big power hog. Plus they're another potential failure point and expense to repair. I think our 4ft fixtures consumption with bypass LEDs was 1/4 of what the florescents used. With a ballast and LEDs my recollection is consumption only dropped by 1/3. The energy savings (at least in this criminal state) more than pays to go to straight LED. In bulk, I believe Superbright's 4 ft tubes were around $6.50 ea.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
New 12 gallon wet/dry vac
You must be registered for see images attach

I have had this one for quite a while, pretty happy with it. I like the portability of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin