What is the worst body work you've seen or done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
My buddy had a Honda del Sol that he bought years ago. Apparently it was drifted into a guardrail (best guess). RR 1/4 was showing 1" of tire and the 1/4 was pushed in 2" with bondo building it up. After finding this we replaced the RR 1/4 completely. Then repainted the car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reminds me of my good friends CRX that I'm doing the body/paint on. With the 2nd Gen CRX's there is almost no aftermarket support in terms of panels for them so have to modify civic hatch wheel arches to fit.

This would explain why the rears of both wheel arches were freshly primed when he bought the car...

I'm pretty sure a tree fell on the car at some point as there was a huge dent in the hood, roof, and hatch that all lined up. The one in the roof here is about 1/2" deep.

The plastic rocker covers did an excellent job of hiding all the mouse nests and rust holes..

But I have to say, those Honda's will take a beating and just don't seem to care.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Reminds me of my good friends CRX that I'm doing the body/paint on. With the 2nd Gen CRX's there is almost no aftermarket support in terms of panels for them so have to modify civic hatch wheel arches to fit.

This would explain why the rears of both wheel arches were freshly primed when he bought the car...

I'm pretty sure a tree fell on the car at some point as there was a huge dent in the hood, roof, and hatch that all lined up. The one in the roof here is about 1/2" deep.

The plastic rocker covers did an excellent job of hiding all the mouse nests and rust holes..

But I have to say, those Honda's will take a beating and just don't seem to care.
Just put some more Bondo in that, prime and paint. It will all be good!:happy175:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Holy smokes :eek:

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I just did this to my '88 C1500.

This thing has killer patina on the hood, so I don't want to do a full paint job.

I'm going to get some more plates to do the rockers (I'll probably just install some slip rockers and screw the plates over them since there are almost no rockers left.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just did this to my '88 C1500.

This thing has killer patina on the hood, so I don't want to do a full paint job.

I'm going to get some more plates to do the rockers (I'll probably just install some slip rockers and screw the plates over them since there are almost no rockers left.
Can an 88...aka clear coat paint job truck have "killer patina"?

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
No. No it cannot.

The clear coat is long gone, and the paint underneath has patinaed (Plural form of Patina?)
I think it looks cool, also the roof is just scale).

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
The clear coat is long gone, and the paint underneath has patinaed (Plural form of Patina?)
I think it looks cool, also the roof is just scale).
Past tense of patina.

Personally, I just call it old or rusted. I do not like patina.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
We've done all of the above...

we've used spray foam in cans to fill bedsides wheel arches on an s10 then filler over it only.

we've slapped fiberglass/duraglass and filler into rust holes bigger then your fist.

we've slapped on some roof flashing with rivets and then used filler over the edges, or just painted it.

we never used duct tape or duct work tape over rust but have seen it, paint and not.

I found seam sealer in my trans am floo rpans used to cover a bunch of holes.

we've saw old lace curtains stuffed into holes to hold filler, we've saw newspapers used to do the same, or even wire mesh or window screen material.

We have also thrown on replacement cab corners without removing the bed, just make them fit outside and bondo and leave the inside back of the cab area open and hanging out touching the bed LOL.

I've used uv activated fiberglass self adhesive patches to fix door holes all the way through the inside.

I've also used fiberglass mat and resin on rust holes, it held up best LOL. see my build thread of dad's 84 c10 I've got pics.

we've also put on slip on rocker panels over rotted old ones, same thing dad's truck build thread.

moral of my story, dad always wanted to things patched up as quick and cheap as can be to pass for inspection sticker here in wv, no holes big enough to catch a finger in.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
No. No it cannot.

Oh really?

This is after a coat of wax.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I did the other side with somenolder license plates I just picked up at a flea market.

I kinda feel bad for cutting them up, but it's worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128