what is that outer axle seal thing called

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
im rebuiling my corp 10 bot.

When i replaced the u joints in my front axles that dust cover or seal that is on the end of the axle, it like butts up to the hub or somthing. they were ripped so i took them off.

My question is

what are those called so i can buy new ones.

Thanks

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
try axle seal, hub seal or wheel seal, my advice and what I plan to do, run down to local chain parts store, like napa autozone oreily etc. have them look it up, match it up with what's left or wha looks to fit, buy that, or write down the number off their box, and find the same one from rockauto or somewhere cheaper.

Beatdown Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go on rockauto, click on the drivetrain tab, and look at everything. It's there, I just dont know exactly what its called. Try spindle seal...

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Search_C0055_1052165_1466&pt=C0055&ppt=C0337
Thats the seal that goes into the end of the axle before the knuckle goes on.

Thats the seal that goes into the differential tube,before setting the ring gear carrier into the bearing stirrups and putting the U clamps around the carrier bearings.
The seal He`s looking for is made of a rubber like material,no steel,and seals the axle u joint yoke to the inner axle shaft guide torrington roller bearings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy