What is broken and how do I fix it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I finally got all of the u-joints out of my front driveshaft but something weird happened. I've changed quite a few u-joints but never on a driveshaft like this so I'll try to describe it as best I can. This is on an 86 K25 btw. There is a ball and socket joint between the two u-joints nearest the transfer case and when I freed it a bunch of bent and broken metal pieces fell out. How can I fix it? Are the parts even available?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
cv joint gone bad take to a driveline shop or replace with a good used drive shaft

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I'm pretty shure they make a rebuilt kit for it, I believe the technical name for it is a cardone join or something like that, a friend of mine said its a pain to put together with the spring that goes in there, but might be worth lookin in to.

Last edited:

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I talked to a place in tulsa that specializes in driveshafts. He's got a kit for about $15 that should fix me up. He did say installation can be a bit tricky, but I'm willing to try for 15 bucks

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrettkeith