What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
I've got all the stuff to get this one going. It's a diesel & I have a good one, it's a stinker that fuel is so high tho, makes me think of going gas.

Strickland

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Agreed. I found a killer deal on a GMC 2wd CC dually that's got the 6.2. It's white with near pristine red interior, it's a Sierra Classic so it's loaded and it has all the cool accessories from back then (wing on the roof, running boards with the lights in them, etc) but I've got three hangups on it. A) fuel is so high right now and B) I don't know much about the 6.2/6.5s other than C) they're slow as molasses in South Dakota in January.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Agreed. I found a killer deal on a GMC 2wd CC dually that's got the 6.2. It's white with near pristine red interior, it's a Sierra Classic so it's loaded and it has all the cool accessories from back then (wing on the roof, running boards with the lights in them, etc) but I've got three hangups on it. A) fuel is so high right now and B) I don't know much about the 6.2/6.5s other than C) they're slow as molasses in South Dakota in January.
Honestly, the fuel price difference will still be made up by mpgs. But since the 6.2 is a super turd for power and even a turbo 6.5 which is right up there with 6.0/6.4 Flowerjokes for problems ( except for GMs 90s over complicated and also trouble prone electrical and engine controls on them) and still lacks power compared to any mild sbc/ls/bbc it’s a no brainer to yank the semi useless( except for good mileage) oil burner in favor of some gas powered engine of your choice.
It should fetch less $ as well with the boat anchor under the hood.

BMac Attack

Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I’ve done a whole bunch of work to my ‘86 K20 pickup and one of the things that has been bugging me is that the snowy roads have been throwing road schlepp all over my recently swapped in GM Goodwrench motor. I made some new splash guards out of a heavy workout mat and they worked out great. Cheap, easy and will hopefully keep my motor less exposed to road grime thrown up from my 37” BFGs.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I’ve done a whole bunch of work to my ‘86 K20 pickup and one of the things that has been bugging me is that the snowy roads have been throwing road schlepp all over my recently swapped in GM Goodwrench motor. I made some new splash guards out of a heavy workout mat and they worked out great. Cheap, easy and will hopefully keep my motor less exposed to road grime thrown up from my 37” BFGs.
Good lord, another 2 tone blue 80s square! Fck, they’re gettin to be like Pewter Tahoes and trucks and white Tyodas….lol
Nice work on the splash guards. Look just like the factory ones.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Good lord, another 2 tone blue 80s square! Fck, they’re gettin to be like Pewter Tahoes and trucks and white Tyodas….lol
Nice work on the splash guards. Look just like the factory ones.
Right!? I've found 3 Burbs, 1 shortbed and 4 longbeds in that scheme today on marketplace too!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Honestly, the fuel price difference will still be made up by mpgs. But since the 6.2 is a super turd for power and even a turbo 6.5 which is right up there with 6.0/6.4 Flowerjokes for problems ( except for GMs 90s over complicated and also trouble prone electrical and engine controls on them) and still lacks power compared to any mild sbc/ls/bbc it’s a no brainer to yank the semi useless( except for good mileage) oil burner in favor of some gas powered engine of your choice.
It should fetch less $ as well with the boat anchor under the hood.
Yeahhhhhhh, that's kinda what I figured. It's such a nice truck and right in my back door, I may see if I could talk him down and then swap in a big block or something. Although I'm not sure I wanna go down that road with the next one

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
Working on the head liner in the 87 GMC. All cleaned up and waiting on the adhesive to get here. I'm gonna use bachelor buttons for inside. Anyone ever done one of these? wondering which way to start from when I lay down the glue and start pressing down the fabric- front to back or left to right, thanks for any info!!

Attachments

• 20221229_155509.jpg
    20221229_155509.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221229_155557.jpg
    20221229_155557.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221229_155634.jpg
    20221229_155634.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

HEG77k10

Reaction score
First Name
Hayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy k10
Engine Size
400 stroker
Just put a new cb in my truck, Cobra 29Ltd NW classic. Wired a marine led light strip under the dash to the courtesy light wiring, it doesn’t look so bright in person but works great.

Attachments

• 66F00ED6-17F4-4AA8-869F-7783AAE5C552.jpeg
    66F00ED6-17F4-4AA8-869F-7783AAE5C552.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 40

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Working on the head liner in the 87 GMC. All cleaned up and waiting on the adhesive to get here. I'm gonna use bachelor buttons for inside. Anyone ever done one of these? wondering which way to start from when I lay down the glue and start pressing down the fabric- front to back or left to right, thanks for any info!!
Love the man cave bro

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
You start from the middle, first lay out the fabric in place dry with no adhesive,
Fold half of it back over itself to one side, spray your adhesive on the exposed side and let it get tacky. push to fabric slowly onto the adhesive pressing and smoothing as you go with your hand or back of a large wooden spoon.
Repeat the process for the other side.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Right!? I've found 3 Burbs, 1 shortbed and 4 longbeds in that scheme today on marketplace too!
And the guy who used to own our truck and helped me get the title straightened out just bought this! Lol
Said he was upset when he saw his old truck all fixed up and wished he still had it. A month later…..

How the hell you find the exact same old truck not only twice but within a month of looking for one.
Only difference is it’s a Chevy which he likes more. He’s the one that changed our truck to Chevy badges back in the day.
It’s even optioned basically the same 350/400/4.10/camper special

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just put a new cb in my truck, Cobra 29Ltd NW classic. Wired a marine led light strip under the dash to the courtesy light wiring, it doesn’t look so bright in person but works great.
I like that!

Ontheboulder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc sierra classic v2500
Engine Size
You start from the middle, first lay out the fabric in place dry with no adhesive,
Fold half of it back over itself to one side, spray your adhesive on the exposed side and let it get tacky. push to fabric slowly onto the adhesive pressing and smoothing as you go with your hand or back of a large wooden spoon.
Repeat the process for the other side.
With this headliner shaped like a bowl, is it better to start in the middle like you said and go front to back or left to right

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64