What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Dakota Digital RTX
How long did you have to wait? I ordered mine early February and received it May 17th, seemed like forever.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I ordered through AZProPerfromance. Had them in my hands in a week.
I've been planning on mounting the control box all of the modules in a console but now I'm thinking I will fab myself a bracket like you've got there. That turned out super clean...

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Aside from the bullchit with the shocks (different thread), got shocks on, new extended brake hoses all around, front speakers mounted and started on sound deadening the floor, the last couple days.

So happy, all original 36 year old flare nut connections came apart with zero cussing, heating, soaking, rounded off heads, vice grips, or tools thrown!

If our boy gets the inside of the bed prepped this week, will shoot it Saturday and have zero things left to holding up installing trim and final assembly!

If he doesn't, probably won't be driving it on his 16th birthday...

You must be registered for see images attach

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Aside from the bullchit with the shocks (different thread), got shocks on, new extended brake hoses all around, front speakers mounted and started on sound deadening the floor, the last couple days.

So happy, all original 36 year old flare nut connections came apart with zero cussing, heating, soaking, rounded off heads, vice grips, or tools thrown!

If our boy gets the inside of the bed prepped this week, will shoot it Saturday and have zero things left to holding up installing trim and final assembly!

If he doesn't, probably won't be driving it on his 16th birthday...

Lucky SOB! Every one of my flare nuts for the rear section were seized or rounded off, I had to start new

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lucky SOB! Every one of my flare nuts for the rear section were seized or rounded off, I had to start new
Ya, there’s a reason I didn’t hesitate to buy it when I got a look at this truck…
There ain’t a single bolt on this thing that is or was rusted up or stripped. And not a single factory bolt missing.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ya, there’s a reason I didn’t hesitate to buy it when I got a look at this truck…
There ain’t a single bolt on this thing that is or was rusted up or stripped. And not a single factory bolt missing.
Did you buy it after you moved here / in this area. I know you like to buy from other states that are cheaper, but curious.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Same reason I bought mine, not a spec of corrosion. But dirt and crap had gotten to the brake lines. That's really the only thing that's fought me on this thing for the most part.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
i'm getting new tires for the basket case and while the wheels are off i decided to replace the shocks starting with the rear..... i wondered why the suspension felt funky and while I was replacing the rear shock I realized that they were ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT from 1981! my neighbor told me to put them on e-bay as "vintage" shocks to see if i can get a few bucks for them. These have been compressed since sunday.... I think that they might be good...

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
i'm getting new tires for the basket case and while the wheels are off i decided to replace the shocks starting with the rear..... i wondered why the suspension felt funky and while I was replacing the rear shock I realized that they were ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT from 1981! my neighbor told me to put them on e-bay as "vintage" shocks to see if i can get a few bucks for them. These have been compressed since sunday.... I think that they might be good...

My 78 still has the factory shocks in the rear... (and probly the front). They have spiral cut in the tube.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 78 still has the factory shocks in the rear... (and probly the front). They have spiral cut in the tube.

I'm not anywhere near my '79 at the moment to get a picture, but it has they OEM shocks on it and they have the spirals on the tubes.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Just a ****** tonight after work. My truck is a work truck first, yes I do like it to look as good as it can, but keeping it reliable is first. So when I first bought the truck it was missing several pieces of trim and hub cap. Those things really bother me so not to long after I replaced all the missing trim except the tailgate, and of course replaced the missing hubs caps with some usedies someone here was kind enough to sell me. Well one of the chrome tail light trim pieces has been loose and I've been lazy. A week of so ago it was fully removed and lost in the car wash. So I bought two new tail lights, with trim and enough trim to replace what's missing on the tailgate.

Tonight after work I only had time to replace the tail lights. Of course I put new bulbs in there with a little dielectric grease on the sockets.

Below one old lens, and the new boxes. I'll be hanging on to the old units encase I break one. The dorman replacements, are really nice and even came with new screws. I think and each one was just under $20 each on Amazon well less than I could get even wholesale though the shop.

Below lights off and lights on. Next up will be replacing that missing trim. I've got everything I need to do it I just ran out of time. The corner piece is missing on the right side as well and I'm going to try to form a piece of scrap trim to that. If I fail I'll order that piece from LMC.