What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RailRiderHD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
all my settings work, and it sounds loud but it just doesn't defrost very well, i let it run for 15 minutes on high at work the other morning came out and had like 2 little spots defrosted and both the other people i work with vehicles winshields were clear already, made me wish i'd driven the new truck, lol

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
all my settings work, and it sounds loud but it just doesn't defrost very well, i let it run for 15 minutes on high at work the other morning came out and had like 2 little spots defrosted and both the other people i work with vehicles winshields were clear already, made me wish i'd driven the new truck, lol

There is a wicked gap on our squares where the defrost duct meets the heater housing, on air conditioned models anyway. Lot's of hot air leaks there.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Where is this link... lol it sounds like something I want to check out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Does anyone know if one would fit a heat only truck???? I know our a/c blowers dont fit, cause i have 3 of them and none fit XD.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Regarding the poor defrost performance. If your truck has a/c, the a/c should come on in the defrost mode in order to dry the air, and instantly remove the moisture from inside the glass. If you don't have a/c, or it's not charged, or not working, your defrost performance will lag waaaaaaay behind that of modern vehicles which do run their a/c in defrost mode.

In the meantime, get some bull duram tobacco, put it in a cheese cloth bag, and rub that on the inside of all your glass. That'll keep the glass from fogging up.......oldschool.

Make sure the ground wire that grounds your blower motor to the firewall has connections that are clean and tight. Very common for that to fail, and then the blower doesn't work or doesn't work properly. I got tired of screwing with mine and replaced it with a battery cable. No more blower speed or function issues.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I have been wondering about this. I have heard many square owners complain about the heaters/defrost. If it's due to a gap in the ducting in a/c equipped squares then that would explain it, because I have no a/c but amazing heat, even compared to some new vehicles.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fixed my blower problem! After testing all the wires at the blower relay I noticed there was a ground wire hanging out of the bundle of wires that was disconnected. Hooked it up and BAM, high speed worked. Cleaned up the grounds on the blower motor while I was there and it seems to run a little faster on the other speeds now.

Any reason why someone would unhook the ground wire for the blower relay? I haven't seen any adverse effects yet. The PO rewired several things in this truck for no apparent reason as I've switched them back to the way they were suppose to be and everything still functions normal...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Fixed my blower problem! After testing all the wires at the blower relay I noticed there was a ground wire hanging out of the bundle of wires that was disconnected. Hooked it up and BAM, high speed worked. Cleaned up the grounds on the blower motor while I was there and it seems to run a little faster on the other speeds now.

Any reason why someone would unhook the ground wire for the blower relay? I haven't seen any adverse effects yet. The PO rewired several things in this truck for no apparent reason as I've switched them back to the way they were suppose to be and everything still functions normal...

Good job!

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Good job!

All thanks to your diagnostic chart up there. Got to step three and figured out the ground was bad and that's when I found the ground wire unhooked. :happy160:

There's so many wires unhooked under the hood that I hadn't even noticed it before.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Today, I spent about 5 hours, with my Dad, replacing the driver door hinge pins. What a PIA! I also replaced turn signal relay. I had other things I wanted to do; but I ran out of daylight and it got too cold.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Drove the 91 Burb home today. Cleaned out the big trash.
Found some cool maintenance records, like the AC was charged up and the low pressure switch replaced just under 200 miles this past spring. Tire receipts showing these new looking tires have 4100 miles on them. Also found the door key that he said he lost long long ago inside it. And Rust spot in the spare tire wheel well about the size of a tennis ball maybe a lil smaller. Should be an easy fix for that though if I keep it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
drove the 91 burb home today. Cleaned out the big trash.
Found some cool maintenance records, like the ac was charged up and the low pressure switch replaced just under 200 miles this past spring. Tire receipts showing these new looking tires have 4100 miles on them. Also found the door key that he said he lost long long ago inside it. And rust spot in the spare tire wheel well about the size of a tennis ball maybe a lil smaller. Should be an easy fix for that though since i decided to keep it.

fyp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
referrich