What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Try telling that to the people who bring in batteries insisting it's the only possible problem, they usually state that there car is a "make" and is only "x" years old (usually 5 or more) and has never had any starter or alternator or even wiring issues and because it's a "make" everything is perfect and it must be the battery. Yet they'll continue to buy our batteries for all there other cars. I actually had one guy tell me that it must be the brand new battery because his 1964 ford had no issues when he parked it 10 years ago. Why did it get parked? Did you flush all the fluids out and put fresh fluids in? did you replace the rubber seals and lines? did you check the cables for corrosion? is the starter rusted out? does it have gas? "It's a ford, nothings wrong with it except this cheap battery!" ok here's a new one, see you tomorrow.

Well, OF COARSE it wont start..... ITS A FORD.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Getting her licensed as an antique vehicle this friday :party33:

Chadwick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chadwick
Truck Year
Truck Model
1/2 ton
Engine Size
Got it back last Friday....

Attachments

• 2013-08-10 23.21.25.jpg
    2013-08-10 23.21.25.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 119

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is that the GM Sunburst Orange color. Like used on the 2002 Avalanche's?

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Why would someone paint an Avalanche? Arnt they always white :anitoof:

HAZZARDJOHN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I figured out why my new serpentine belt was squealing. I missed the idler pully! :slap: Almost twenty years of putting belts on cars and I have never missed a pully. How they hell I have been driving for four days with it like that.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Why would someone paint an Avalanche? Arnt they always white :anitoof:

IIRC, that actual color name is Sunburst Orange Metallic. I never did like it on Avalanches, but I've seen a few other trucks that are painted that color and they made it look good.

travisr1988

Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado
Engine Size
Well, yesterday me and the girl got a new car that's suitable for a baby since she's pregnant, a 2010 HHR, nice car, good mileage, no balls, she loves it, so I'm happy. Today I removed the whole front clip, dash pad, and pulled out the motor and tranny so I can tear it down and see what happened and whether we can rebuild this motor for only a little more than the 2 bolt main that we were going to use. Of course as soon as we separated the motor and tranny and got the motor on a stand and ready for disassembly it started raining so that'll have to be disassembled Monday or Tuesday as I work all weekend as usual. Turns out in addition to replacing the fender with one the p.o. gave me when I bought the truck I may also need to replace the radiator support as I had to cut one bolt out of it to get the fender off (heavy corrosion/rot due to battery acid, just below the rotted out battery tray). Of course I already knew I needed a battery tray and inner fender as well, other than that things went rather smooth. I also discovered a body ground that was not properly mounted (wire wrapped around bolt under head, should have had ring terminal crimped on...$.05, 30 seconds of time). And I also found after moving the a/c compressor that my coolant temp sensor wire had been exposed and bare wire was touching the valve cover...that explains a couple things. Cylinders #3 and #4, or maybe it was #5 and #6 had a little bit of moisture in the exhaust ports when we pulled the exhaust manifolds (bolts came out like butter on all). I'll update when I get the motor apart and take pics.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmmm, had me believing you tore down the girls NEW HHR that she loves so much.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
hmmm, had me believing you tore down the girls NEW HHR that she loves so much.

That's what I thought for the first couple sentences and thought WTF?!

Good car, great mileage, slow as hell, so we tore the motor down lol

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Installed the new starter. That sucker cranks so fast, it's like nothing is attached to it! Love it. Fires right up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky