What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
But you Got'R Done right???

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
watching the birds **** all over the windows and noticing a little grass growing around the tires. i have not drove it in 2 weeks.

:lol:

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Took the seat out and cleaned up the nasty mess under it from the PO. Yuck.

Then I ran the wires for the rear speakers and ran the RCA cables and power wire for an amp if I decide to put my subs in it later.

Sounds MUCH better :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Cleaned out the bed and garage today. need to change the oil and the starter and she'll be ready to get out. I'm getting very anxious!!!

4thgentruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 shortbed stepside.
Engine Size
Went to the race track in Charlotte, NC, and bought 2 front fenders, 2 front inner fenders, and Rocker panels. All for 380 bucks.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Drove it through the automatic car wash.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:popcorn:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Any noticeable leaks???

No she's nice and tight. The air blower at the end of the line was so strong it lifted the fuggin wiper blades off the window and held them in the air for a few seconds. The guys with the wipe down rags did a double take when I came out the door. The one dude whacked his leg on the trailer ball. I felt bad so I gave him a good tip.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
This kinda goes in the rant thread and here but ive been pretty pissed with the gas gauge and sending unit problem in my truck so i pulled both tanks and their not going back in till i have two new tanks and chase all the wiring and have new lines so my square will be down fora couple of weeks. Thought the right tank was near empty cause i thought i ran it out of gas but when i pulled the last bolt out and it fell on me there was almost 15 gallons in it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This kinda goes in the rant thread and here but ive been pretty pissed with the gas gauge and sending unit problem in my truck so i pulled both tanks and their not going back in till i have two new tanks and chase all the wiring and have new lines so my square will be down fora couple of weeks. Thought the right tank was near empty cause i thought i ran it out of gas but when i pulled the last bolt out and it fell on me there was almost 15 gallons in it.

So why do you need 2 new tanks if they are holding gas??? Maybe just sending units and a Gauge? How about the switch? How about the grounds? As long as the tanks are not rusty and dented up badly, or have a bunch of putty patches on them I wouldn't replace them.

And if I did replace them, I'd probably go with 87 tanks that are baffled for E pump in the event I ever decided to go with a TBI, TPI or SFI Vortec system, then I've already got the correct new tanks. The cost difference is not much.

In fact, I think places like LMC should discontinue all the old tanks and sell nothing but 87 tanks. Being mass produced and sold, would probably bring the cost down to about the same as a non baffled tanks, and save alot of space in the warehouse by being able to drop 4 different tank models, the 16 gal and the 20 gal saddle tanks, and the 31 gallon K5 tank and 40 gallon Burb tank.
That's what you call Marketing and Merchandising 101. And if LMC were smart and the manufacture didn't get on board with the idea, then LMC would order ONLY the TBI baffled tanks and sell them to their customers for the same price since they're saving by having more floor space for more profitable product that sells, and they'd make up the cost difference in a very short order.

Anyway, get the wedgie outcher ass, calm down a little bit, and you can do this without replacing tanks. Tanks have nothing to do with Gauge accuracy, switching valve and dash switch.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
So why do you need 2 new tanks if they are holding gas??? Maybe just sending units and a Gauge? How about the switch? How about the grounds? As long as the tanks are not rusty and dented up badly, or have a bunch of putty patches on them I wouldn't replace them.

And if I did replace them, I'd probably go with 87 tanks that are baffled for E pump in the event I ever decided to go with a TBI, TPI or SFI Vortec system, then I've already got the correct new tanks. The cost difference is not much.

In fact, I think places like LMC should discontinue all the old tanks and sell nothing but 87 tanks. Being mass produced and sold, would probably bring the cost down to about the same as a non baffled tanks, and save alot of space in the warehouse by being able to drop 4 different tank models, the 16 gal and the 20 gal saddle tanks, and the 31 gallon K5 tank and 40 gallon Burb tank.
That's what you call Marketing and Merchandising 101. And if LMC were smart and the manufacture didn't get on board with the idea, then LMC would order ONLY the TBI baffled tanks and sell them to their customers for the same price since they're saving by having more floor space for more profitable product that sells, and they'd make up the cost difference in a very short order.

Anyway, get the wedgie outcher ass, calm down a little bit, and you can do this without replacing tanks. Tanks have nothing to do with Gauge accuracy, switching valve and dash switch.

Your right they dont have anything to do with the guage but the sending unit in the left tank was bad anyways and after insecting the left tank found a rust hole in it. The right tank i thought was good when i got it a few months back but feeling around inside it has a lot of rust in it and i can get new tans from work for less then fifty bucks each so i might as well replace them with like you said the 87 tanks.

binderbart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Friday night: removed the old junk body off the 78 with a skidsteer, had to get out the flame wrench.
Saturday: Hauled old junk body to bone yard, Scored a mint condition black seat out of a rolled firetruck with only 16000 miles on it. The seat is black and I'm going to end up putting it in the general. Got back from the boneyard and installed all new rear brake lines in the white 86. From the proportioning valve back. Then I snugged up and greased the drivers front wheel bearing, it was loose, and installed a blue bench seat I got out of the 78 to replace the flexsteel that was in it.
Tuesday: mounted and balanced 2 like new 235/85r16 I took in on trade on the general. Switched out some rims on her 95 chevy with ones I got at the boneyard sat. I plan on using these for project grumpy. Replaced the radio fuse on the white 86, radio works!! But come to find out the PO never put speakers in.

john55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
replace back-up light in utility bed. had brakes bled. still has some air, try again wed. need to replace plug wires. question... quadrajet carb issues. should i have it rebuilt ? or replace it with a edelbrock? thanks in advance john

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast