What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Awesome.

I couldn't sleep at all(pain). I went and fixed up a bunch of my wiring, loomed some, got rid of a bunch more.

That sucks.:confused:

Surprised you pulled out the ac wiring - making it neat and loomed and ready to go if you ever wanted to add it back in would have been more work, but given more flexibility.

I could live without it if I had to, but damn I am spoiled by it now. :banana-mario:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
That sucks.:confused:

Surprised you pulled out the ac wiring - making it neat and loomed and ready to go if you ever wanted to add it back in would have been more work, but given more flexibility.

I could live without it if I had to, but damn I am spoiled by it now. :banana-mario:

I have honestly never left it in any of my vehichles.

My wife is winning now, and not allowing me to remove it from the Aviator(hell, it's a Ford, so probably a months work anyway).

Cant explain it, but it is always the first thing I remove.

I have regretted it once in my life. In my 83 G20(I miss that beautiful van). With that shag, and all that 80s awesome(windows/plastic that dont open, and dark tint). It was a hot box.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
.................It was a hot box.

My wife's little Nissan Sentra she bought new in 2001, she said the a/c went out years ago. She was living in Fort Worth and limited her travels after work because she said it was too hot. I said I don't run the a/c after work because it doesn't do anything in the short distance going home, or even running errands. A couple weekends ago I had moved it to where it was sitting in direct sun and went to move it back where it was. I got in that thing and immediately realized why she didn't go out when she lived in FW. I swear that car gets hotter than any of my old trucks and my Forester when they sit in the sun all day. I couldn't believe how hot it got in that danged car...lol...

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Needed to replace the little compressor I use for the overload air bags because it wouldn't pump more than about 30 psi anymore. Got the small ARB unit they make for air lockers. It won't inflate tires but I don't need that anyway so it's a good size for my application.

My old setup was a simple on/off switch for the pump and a regulator. It worked, but with the inevitable air loss I'd have to flip the switch after a couple of hours to bring it back up to the set pressure. The new pump comes with a pressure switch so I can leave it powered up and the pressure stays at whatever the regulator is set at. Nice little pump, much smoother and quieter than the old one.

Old:
You must be registered for see images attach

New:

I know, strange spot for a regulator, but I like controlling it from outside the vehicle. A dash switch looks fancy but I can't tell when the truck is level so I put a toggle switch near the regulator in the front wheel well. Lets me look down the side of the truck as I make adjustments for different loads.

Jases Brown

Reaction score
First Name
Jases
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size

Spent the morning removing the factory air. Didn’t work anymore, heater core leaked and I just wanted to do it. Going to go back with Vintage Air because I do live in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size

Spent the morning removing the factory air. Didn’t work anymore, heater core leaked and I just wanted to do it. Going to go back with Vintage Air because I do live in Texas.

Question... When removing box which holds the evaporator, is the heater core also required to be removed? Have been wanting to do this to mine also as I eliminated the A/C and now just have the huge ugly box hanging in the engine bay taking up space but want to leave the heater core?

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
OK, trying this again, Question... when remove the box with the evaporator does the heater core have to be removed also? Have been wanting to do this also as I eliminated the A/C but wish to leave the heater core, but get rid of the big ugly useless black box just taking up space under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl

jtridgley79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10 suburban, k10 pickup
Engine Size
both 350
Fixed a leaky gas line

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
To redeem myself I put the window seals in the front passenger door, fixed the radio, reworked some grounds, diagnosed a bad jamb switch and put the fiber optic thing back in its place. I may put new hinges and a new hood on tomorrow if I get ambitious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat